FA Cup Third Cup - who do you want?

3000.............?
Away end at Brentford only holds 1600, 1000 standing and 600 seats in the upper stand....
We will sell all them though.........!

I remember going there in the early 80s in the league. Big pub on the corner and oxford pouring their own pints and dancing on the pool table ?

I don’t think it’s a bad draw, hopefully be a Saturday 3pm kick off, easy to get to, plenty of pubs nearby and a chance of getting something (even if it’s just a replay).

Not played them much over the years, we took plenty there last time for a midweek game in a less glamorous cup, I can see us taking 2,000, not like we have a lot of London games this season.

Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Brentford all at home on the same day.....
Something will have to give especially with large followings from Leeds United ((at QPR), Nottingham Forest (at Chelsea) and of course 1500+ yellows at Brentford......!

Chelsea, Fulham, QPR and Brentford all at home on the same day.....
Something will have to give especially with large followings from Leeds United ((at QPR), Nottingham Forest (at Chelsea) and of course 1500+ yellows at Brentford......!
Well, I'd have thought Chelsea Forest will be a TV game, so that will be on Sunday, and we might see QPR Leeds moved to be the Friday night game..so that leaves us and Fulham...

I’d put Solihull Moors or Blackpool v Arsenal ahead of Chelsea v Forest for tv picks.

I remember going there in the early 80s in the league. Big pub on the corner and oxford pouring their own pints and dancing on the pool table ?

Stan Bowles played briefly for Brentford in 1981/1982 - and played against us at Griffin Park.

I also remember both Chris Kamara and Terry Hurlock playing in Brentford’s midfield at that time.

It was not pretty.

I’d put Solihull Moors or Blackpool v Arsenal ahead of Chelsea v Forest for tv picks.
Yes, except that for logistical reasons, they cannot go for games where the home side is yet to be decided

Be interesting to see if Blackpool make It through how many of their fans keep up their boycott of all home games.

Didn't there used to be a pub on each corner of the ground? (May still be!) Saw Oxford there several times and we always took a good following. Also saw Portsmouth there - they had all four pubs and half the ground.

You could well be right. I went to Fulham once with some old Pompey mates back then and they did much the same there.

3000.............?
Away end at Brentford only holds 1600, 1000 standing and 600 seats in the upper stand....
We will sell all them though.........!

I think so.

We took 903 for an August midweek game there. 3pm on a Saturday with 1600 tickets?

Sell those out easy!

Didn't there used to be a pub on each corner of the ground? (May still be!) Saw Oxford there several times and we always took a good following. Also saw Portsmouth there - they had all four pubs and half the ground.

A pub on each corner of the ground? Excellent. Reminds me of Trent Bridge where a pub is actually part of the ground (that’s a cricket ground).

You could well be right. I went to Fulham once with some old Pompey mates back then and they did much the same there.

Pretty sure one or two have closed down now. Still a good day out in London to be had.

Back
Top Bottom