Manchester City vs Fulham
Bristol City or Shrewsbury Town vs Liverpool
Brentford vs Leicester City

BT Sport:

Northampton Town vs Derby County
Hull City vs Chelsea
Watford or Tranmere Rovers v Wolves or Manchester United
Bournemouth v Arsenal
How boring do some of those games sound I mean who wants to watch Northampton Town vs Derby County or Bournemouth v Arsenal or Hull City vs Chelsea

Can’t believe some people on here were suggesting that:

- Man Utd wouldn’t be picked - they’re always picked, and people always question it

- Liverpool away to a non-PL side wouldn’t be picked - of course they will be, the media love Liverpool and they also love big teams away to lower league sides

Every draw there’s always some who refuse to see this and optimistically suggest we will get chosen over the above!

I am surprised at Northampton vs Derby, I get they’re the lowest ranked team left in it but I would have thought Newcastle vs Oxford would have a better ring to it. Probably didn’t want to risk Newcastle not getting through

Fixed with the reason behind that choice. No idea why the others are prime picks.

Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd picked because they’re big teams

A PL side away to a non-PL side always whets their appetite, hence the Leicester game

The megabus coach takes 8 hours 10 mins. I can't see the London road coaches being quicker than 6 hours. In the car 4 and a half hour. Coaches do have toilets and stop at services. I went on the coach to York a few years ago, never again felt like a whole day wasted travelling.

Thanks, don't fancy it but think it's manageable.

Man City v Fulham. Why?
Actually think Northampton v Derby is an ok pick.
The Tv companies are generally er...unimaginative in their cup game selections.

One thing that also defines it is - the away fans allocation. The more away fans who can't get a ticket, the more they'll have to watch it on TV.

One of the reasons that Oxford vs Sunderland in 1999 was the first pay-per-view English football match was the small capacity of the Cuckoo Lane end.

So does all this mean sat 3pm ko? If so we can start travel arrangements

I'm so glad it has not been picked for TV as I can now definitely go.

I reckon we'll easily take
4000, if Newcastle get through.

I'm so glad it has not been picked for TV as I can now definitely go.
A shame for us exiles though. This time I'll put on a few bob with Bet365 and watch their stream. Did anyone do that for Hartlepool and was there a commentary? I also wonder how close to being synchronised it would be to play the iFollow commentary at the same time.

A shame for us exiles though. This time I'll put on a few bob with Bet365 and watch their stream. Did anyone do that for Hartlepool and was there a commentary? I also wonder how close to being synchronised it would be to play the iFollow commentary at the same time.
how does that work then? you just need to sign up and put a 50p bet on and you can then watch live?

how does that work then? you just need to sign up and put a 50p bet on and you can then watch live?

I believe so although I've just read that it doesn't work for Saturday 3pm ties so I presume it wasn't available for Hartlepool. There's some controversy around it at the moment:

Back
Top Bottom