FA Cup Final

Today Ive been mostly rubbing down paint on the shed ready for a coat of primer....followed by weatherproof topcoat later ..... reckon watching the paint dry will be more entertaining than yesterday's FA Cup final in the entertainment stakes:confused:

The FA Vase is a far superior game which is being shown on BT.

They have the players to play an expansive game but that is something Mourinho will never adopt now unlike his 1st spell at Chelsea.
He can't afford to keep playing like that when City are so far ahead of them. If Chelsea have their new manager bounce, Jose is going to struggle next year

The FA Vase is a far superior game which is being shown on BT.
think I went to Wembley with Ox City for an FA Vase (?) final some years ago...City lost AET , I think,? If memery serves, one of the Fontaine brothers scored for City that day?

I was there too. Lost to Arlesley or something like that, Steve Fontaine scored for City ?

I was there too. Lost to Arlesley or something like that, Steve Fontaine scored for City ?
cant remember who the opposition was...some village from Luton area I think...Arlesley sounds about right?

I used to love cup final day, I would watch TV the entire day from 'Its a knockout' and the teams leaving their hotels through to Match of the day from the winner's Banquet. As others have mentioned above the cup has been devalued by the premier league and the vast amounts of money at stake and the priority to qualify for europe.
We had a family BBQ last night and I completely forgot the final was on - its sound like I didn't miss much

Don't think I've watched an FA Cup final since the Spice Boys final where Cantona threaded it through the Liverpool defence.
Vividly remember the Wimbledon vs Liverpool game, all the build-up and background all day long on BBC then the shock result. Scorching hot day, went outside inspired with my ball afterwards and proceeded to fall and fracture my wrist, then we had an hour at A&E (so I'm told, it felt like about three days!)
Yesterday though? Insipid, predictable bumwash!

Don't think I've watched an FA Cup final since the Spice Boys final where Cantona threaded it through the Liverpool defence.
Vividly remember the Wimbledon vs Liverpool game, all the build-up and background all day long on BBC then the shock result. Scorching hot day, went outside inspired with my ball afterwards and proceeded to fall and fracture my wrist, then we had an hour at A&E (so I'm told, it felt like about three days!)
Yesterday though? Insipid, predictable bumwash!

When I was a teenager I used that excuse after I’d injured my wrist too.

Back
Top Bottom