Sport F1 flintstone finale

Sarge

God like member
that was a cartoon like the calamitous conclusion to the F1 season ..... basically handed Verstappen the championship after the late on safety car shenanigans 'allowed' him to pit and fit soft tyres, while Hamilton HAD to hold first place , in case the safety car situation, ended the race early .... went to a last coupla laps shoot out

a right old Abu Dhabi doo

Ridiculous decision by the race director. You can't apply the rules in such a fashion, why let only the cars in between Lewis and Verstappen unlap themselves? Why not all the cars? Almost as if they knew it would hand the advantage to Verstappen. Fair play to Lewis though, no tantrums and no openly harsh words. It will all end in tears at some point, legal challenge not excluded.

My brother-in-law is part of the Red Bull pit crew so I'm pleased for him that after 9 months of work and isolations it's rewarded with the title for Verstappen (and the big bonus that comes with that!)

But F1 this season has been dominated by decisions off the track and whilst that has given some incredible spectacles, it's lost the raw driving feel.

Red Bull started the season with the best car, but Mercedes has come back stronger in the second half and should still be the team to beat next season. It will be interesting to see if George Russell challenges Hamilton to make it a three way battle, but can't see much beyond these three for some time.

My brother-in-law is part of the Red Bull pit crew so I'm pleased for him that after 9 months of work and isolations it's rewarded with the title for Verstappen (and the big bonus that comes with that!)

But F1 this season has been dominated by decisions off the track and whilst that has given some incredible spectacles, it's lost the raw driving feel.

Red Bull started the season with the best car, but Mercedes has come back stronger in the second half and should still be the team to beat next season. It will be interesting to see if George Russell challenges Hamilton to make it a three way battle, but can't see much beyond these three for some time.
Lot's of changes in line for next season, tyres, barge boards etc. Have to hope all the off track nonsense gets sorted before the season start.

Barmy end to a barmy season, as mentioned the greatest of respect for Lewis for taking it so well, I would have been fuming. Have to say it was quite amusing to hear Toto just going 'Mikey, Mikey, no' over and over again, but there are serious questions to be asked as to why such a dramatic season can be decided like this.

Not a big F1 fan. I'll watch the odd race. I'll watch even fewer now it's clear F1 officials can decide the outcome of the whole championship. Sad day for the "sport".

The race director could do with a clear mind through the race not being shouted at by the team radios. His primary goal should be to apply the rules of the race to keep everyone safe.

I was very disappointed that Hamilton didn’t win but; “Toto, we went racing… it’s a car race”

The race director could do with a clear mind through the race not being shouted at by the team radios. His primary goal should be to apply the rules of the race to keep everyone safe.

I was very disappointed that Hamilton didn’t win but; “Toto, we went racing… it’s a car race”
Ooh that was cold from big mikey

Ridiculous decision by the race director. You can't apply the rules in such a fashion, why let only the cars in between Lewis and Verstappen unlap themselves? Why not all the cars? Almost as if they knew it would hand the advantage to Verstappen. Fair play to Lewis though, no tantrums and no openly harsh words. It will all end in tears at some point, legal challenge not excluded.
spot on ..... in my past I chaired the appeals commission for Federation Of British Scooter Clubs ( now BSSO ), who were the controlling body for Scooter sport in the UK , ... I have also been Clerk of the Course, andChief Steward ( Scooter Road racing and Grass track Scooter race meetings, Off-road scooter sport meetings etc too- after a successful UK & European Scooter sport 'career' - no £ in it, just a small bit of glory ), while a way down the 'pyramid' from F1, any decision to give one competitor an 'unfair advantage' over another, should be an absolute no-no .... yet the Abu Dhabi F1 race officials IMO made an absolute farce of both the race and the 2021 championship..... Safety car out that late on, race ends

And, Im no fan of Hamilton, but he was unquestionably ' done up like a kipper' in today's F1 championship decider,
and , as already mentioned by others, fair play to him for the way he accepted that defeat

Last edited:

The problem is that they've done pretty much everything possible to stop racing this season.

The first real "racing incident" was at Silverstone when Lewis has ahead through Copse but Max wouldn't back down. Max went off and that should have been the end of it, but Horner started with statements about Hamilton deliberately putting him into the wall etc. We've then heard as much from the team principals than the drivers including a point last weekend when they were negotiating with Masi about positions for a restart.

Mercedes have lodged an appeal and its hard to see how this won't be upheld as the FIA have gone against their own regulations. With such huge money in the sport, let alone the money that people bet on the result, it's difficult to see anything but a horrible mess from all of this.

spot on ..... in my past I chaired the appeals commission for Federation Of British Scooter Clubs ( now BSSO ), who were the controlling body for Scooter sport in the UK , ... I have also been Clerk of the Course, andChief Steward ( Scooter Road race and Grass track race meetings too- after a successful UK & European Scooter sport 'career' - no £ in it, just a small bit of glory ) , while a way down the 'pyramid' from F1, any decision to give one competitor an 'unfair advantage' over another, should be an absolute no-no .... yet the Abu Dhabi F1 race officials IMO made an absolute farce of both the race and the 2021 championship..... Safety car out that late on, race ends

And, Im no fan of Hamilton, but he was unquestionably ' done up like a kipper' in today's F1 championship decider,
and , as already mentioned by others, fair play to him for the way he accepted that defeat
United are not accepting any defeat.................no matter what the circumstances!!

Mercedes were obviously prepared to "go nuclear" as they took a QC to the race! The problem they have is that they need to get the FIA to rule against themselves.

The sad thing is that whichever driver is eventually confirmed as winner will ultimately be crowned with a tainted world championship through no fault of their own.

Mercedes were obviously prepared to "go nuclear" as they took a QC to the race! The problem they have is that they need to get the FIA to rule against themselves.

The sad thing is that whichever driver is eventually confirmed as winner will ultimately be crowned with a tainted world championship through no fault of their own.

It will end up at CAS. Agree on your last point.

Masi needs to resign or be sacked as this isn't the only race he's screwed up on.

I don't think the CAS rules in "on the field" disputes but in any case they will have to be quick - the FIA awards dinner is traditionally held on the Thursday following the last race event of the season after which there can be no further challenges.

result expected in 15-20 mins regarding Mercedes protest

18:55

'Really unsatisfactory'​

f21f8cfc-0bb2-4d0d-b8be-1ea8afeb2052.jpg

Jennie Gow
BBC Radio 5 live pit-lane reporter
This is fascinating now. Mercedes and Red Bull will be told the decision jointly.
Then they will come out and hopefully we will all hear what they have to say.
The world's media is waiting to hear the same result and they all say the same thing - this is really unsatisfactory.

I don't think the CAS rules in "on the field" disputes but in any case they will have to be quick - the FIA awards dinner is traditionally held on the Thursday following the last race event of the season after which there can be no further challenges.

In which case it'll end up in another court with Mercedes bringing the action as unsurprisingly the FIA didn't find against themselves.

The FIA and its staff have screwed this championship up and made a farce of it. The Champion is tainted whichever way.

In which case it'll end up in another court.
looks like it will.....

BREAKINGResult stands - Max Verstappen is the F1 world champion!​

Mercedes' second protest has been rejected so Max Verstappen is the world champion!

Back
Top Bottom