National News Extinction "Rebellion"

While I understand what you are saying - it does have the initial appearance of a jolly! - Skype? Really? As alternative to a 3,000 person conference?

While I understand what you are saying - it does have the initial appearance of a jolly! - Skype? Really? As alternative to a 3,000 person conference?

You get the gist............ I very much doubt the 3,000 folk are contributing to the conversation they could probably watch a video and read the powerpoint slides.

And why the feck do you need "celebrities" there??
To get coverage? Your irrational dispising of all things Greta does amuse me, have you considered a letter to The Daily Mail? They would love you there ?

It does seem vastly overblown (especially when we all know they will end up with some half-arsed compromise rather than actually doing much!) - but sometimes face to face is best. Maybe we could encourage all the world leaders to walk to the next one. At the very least that would keep them out of mischief for a while...

To get coverage? Your irrational dispising of all things Greta does amuse me, have you considered a letter to The Daily Mail? They would love you there ?

*despising ?

Aside from that it is the hypocrisy of the whole affair. Those who consume the most per capita tell the rest of us not to do it...........

Here`s a start to sort the climate crisis.
1 Child per household, after that you pay more tax (your family will consume more).
1 Car per household, after that you pay more tax (your family will consume more).
50% tax on leisure flights.
50% tax on cruise ships.
50% tax on imported foods.
50% tax on imported goods.
50% tax on energy that isn`t renewable.
Invoiced per household for weight of waste.

Ban on the sale of avocado`s and any forms of soya/nut "milk". ??

Ban the sale....... any forms of soya/nut "milk"
Don't think Mrs M would be happy with that, with her dairy intolerance. Anyway, isn't it cows that are contributing a lot to the problem, perhaps we should ban dairy.

*despising ?

Aside from that it is the hypocrisy of the whole affair. Those who consume the most per capita tell the rest of us not to do it...........

Here`s a start to sort the climate crisis.
1 Child per household, after that you pay more tax (your family will consume more).
1 Car per household, after that you pay more tax (your family will consume more).
50% tax on leisure flights.
50% tax on cruise ships.
50% tax on imported foods.
50% tax on imported goods.
50% tax on energy that isn`t renewable.
Invoiced per household for weight of waste.

Ban on the sale of avocado`s and any forms of soya/nut "milk". ??

I read your 2nd one as "1 Cat per household" and thought that was 1 too many.

- 100% tax on Cruise ships also. And the ships have to have a sewage system that treats all sewage otherwise it has to be taken out of service, as well as massively increased and strict emissions limits.

Don't think Mrs M would be happy with that, with her dairy intolerance. Anyway, isn't it cows that are contributing a lot to the problem, perhaps we should ban dairy.

Don`t consume dairy if you are intolerant, its that simple.
The myth about cows is often quoted but methane isn`t as bad as your/our/mine Summer holidays on a plane.

Greta is going corporate............... creates income eh? "Tax reasons", "Foundation"........... jog on love you are just taking the cream for the future, your future.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51308536

Seems entirely sensible to me, stops others exploiting it for their own ends (whether attempting to discredit her/exploit her name or gain financially) as appears to be the case according to that report.

Last edited:
Seems entirely sensible to me, stops others exploiting it for their own ends (whether attempting to discredit her/exploit her name or gain financially) as appears to be the case according to that report.

Its "brand development". How, or why, do you trademark a phrase or a name if it isn`t going to be a brand?
The whole world of what is IP and what isn`t has changed with social media etc.
#itsallbollox is mine I tell you!!! :)

Its "brand development". How, or why, do you trademark a phrase or a name if it isn`t going to be a brand?
The whole world of what is IP and what isn`t has changed with social media etc.
#itsallbollox is mine I tell you!!! :)

You trademark it to stop others using it nefariously. This isn't an unusual thing to happen.

Odd hearing Oxford United in the top national news story on Radio 4’s Today bulletins this morning.

As reported in the Guardian, Claire O’Neill mentioned us in relation to climate change as follows:

“The former minister, who was leading efforts to hold the COP gathering of world leaders in Glasgow in November, said the UK was “playing at Oxford United levels when we really need to be Liverpool” in terms of the effort to tackle climate change.”

Stick that quote up on the dressing room wall, Karl!

Odd hearing Oxford United in the top national news story on Radio 4’s Today bulletins this morning.

As reported in the Guardian, Claire O’Neill mentioned us in relation to climate change as follows:

“The former minister, who was leading efforts to hold the COP gathering of world leaders in Glasgow in November, said the UK was “playing at Oxford United levels when we really need to be Liverpool” in terms of the effort to tackle climate change.”

I can imagine the headlines if we beat newcastle & liverpool kids lose ....pundits n commentators may reference those comment during the live commentary too?

I always disliked her, and now I know why! :ROFLMAO:

Sadly it probably is. The only people who will tolerate this are already on board.
They need to find a way to reach out to the people who stubbornly deny the science.
The trouble is that Trump.and others who deny the science are the type who would probably deny that the earth is round if it suited them to do so

Last edited:
Sadly it probably is. The only people who will tolerate this are already on board.
They need to find a way to reach out to the people who stubbornly deny the science.
Or even engage people in a more meaningful way than blocking roads or doing weird art installations!/protests to get your point across. I now treat them as a trustafarian comedy troupe who are incapable of engaging normal people without shouting or patronising people.

When you see it, it's brilliant watching and the more they do random stuff, the more they alienate people and the funnier they get.

Back
Top Bottom