Match Buildup Exeter v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyW

What sort of team should we play?
The tin pot pays quite well and we could get to seventeen unbeaton but Shrewsbury on Saturday another massive league game. And this is on Wednesday night a long way on the coach for the players. Nice dilemma for KR but a difficult balance.

What sort of team should we play?
The tin pot pays quite well and we could get to seventeen unbeaton but Shrewsbury on Saturday another massive league game. And this is on Wednesday night a long way on the coach for the players. Nice dilemma for KR but a difficult balance.
I think with the amount of games coming up I think as weak as possible. Stevens, Long , Moore, Jones,Hall,Sykes , Mackie ,Forde, alongside Gorrin ( suspended v Shrews) Ruffs with another u18 being handed a start for me....

Unpopular opinion here, but I think we should go for it in this competition. I don't think it's unreasonable to say we are probably the best team in it, especially considering Wycombe and Sunderland are out and Peterborough are playing Ipswich in the next round, so one of them will go out. We have a really great opportunity to win it. App's best years were characterised by strong cup runs in this competition, and I think our strength in depth is sufficient to accommodate it. Most importantly, though, it would give us a chance to put the demons of 2016 and 2017 to rest in our final season in the competition (why is it our final season? Because Championship teams don't play in it... ? )

I think with the amount of games coming up I think as weak as possible. Stevens, Long , Moore, Jones,Hall,Sykes , Mackie ,Forde, alongside Gorrin ( suspended v Shrews) Ruffs with another u18 being handed a start for me....

They can play Kevin Berkoe in this competition as he is out on a youth loan at Oxford City and I wouldn't be surprised if he played.

The club, and KR, will look at the prize money as important as it means potentially more cash for January.

You don't want to sacrifice results in the league, but I agree with @ttg17 in that we should play as strong a team as we are able to do. Bizarrely there isn't any prize money in the league cup until we beat Man City, and we could potentially draw something like Burnley away in the FA cup and go out without much money. So why not look to keep our options open as long as possible in this cup?

I'd imagine that we'd play something like,

Eastwood
Long Dickie, Moore, Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes Hall Forde
Ageyi Mackie

You don't want to sacrifice results in the league, but I agree with @ttg17 in that we should play as strong a team as we are able to do. Bizarrely there isn't any prize money in the league cup until we beat Man City, and we could potentially draw something like Burnley away in the FA cup and go out without much money. So why not look to keep our options open as long as possible in this cup?

Eastwood
Gorrin
Sykes Hall Forde
Ageyi Mackie

Nico Jones* didn't play for the Youth team on Saturday so I wonder if he will play with Moore in central defence.

*Unless of course he is injured.

Eastwood
Gorrin
Sykes Hall Forde
Ageyi Mackie
Very similar to the side I thought of , just a bit worried about Eastwoods injury yesterday ..don't want to risk him at all but yes I agree lets go for it as we do need the cash

Eastwood
Gorrin
Sykes Hall Forde
Ageyi Mackie
Be surprised if Easty travels, injured on Saturday and will be given time to visit the family I think. Of course he may insist he plays he has before.

7pm kickoff time!

EKt135tXkAEutvm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom