Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Benjamin Büchel now playing for FC Thalwil in Switzerland. Fourth division and crowds of around 100 to 150 people a match. Thought he could do a job at L2 so that's well below his level. Can only assume he's only playing part time now. Shame really, that save against Barnet was absolutely critical in getting us promoted and he was in the Liechtenstein squad as recently as last year.
playing in-front of 50,000 at wembley to 100 in Switzerland, madness.....

Benjamin Büchel now playing for FC Thalwil in Switzerland. Fourth division and crowds of around 100 to 150 people a match. Thought he could do a job at L2 so that's well below his level. Can only assume he's only playing part time now. Shame really, that save against Barnet was absolutely critical in getting us promoted and he was in the Liechtenstein squad as recently as last year.
Hmm. He wasn't really L2 standard imo. He always looked shaky even in a promotion team. I thought he was Conference at best. Could be wrong but i think he is playing in tier two of swiss football?

Just looked
Swiss division 3

Fourth tier...

Super League
Challenge League
Promotion League
1st League (groups 1, 2 and 3)...Thalwil are currently 3rd in Group 3

The Barnet fans were very complementary about him on his loan spell there, could have easily played L2 IMO. But as I said, I imagine he isn't playing full time...not much of a life on a 4th division Swiss wage.

Yup. Just re checked. My mistake.
Mis read their website
Can only assume he has another job
He wasn’t very good, but agree better than Swiss Div 4!

Ashley Cain, played a handful of games on loan the season we got out of the conference? Anyways he’s now appearing on ‘5 star hotel’ every night on E4 for whoever is interest. Christ.

Chey Dunkley received the L1 player of the month award for March, well done to him. Has scored 6 this season, only Henry and Thomas have more for us.

I see Ty Marsh is having a good impact at Macclesfield and could be promoted with them to the FL.

Also, Alex Fisher has scored a few for Yeovil recently in L2.

I see Ty Marsh is having a good impact at Macclesfield and could be promoted with them to the FL.

Also, Alex Fisher has scored a few for Yeovil recently in L2.
Alex Fisher may well turn out to be another that got away ....as have a number of 'our' younger prospects in recent years, with Managers/coaches preferring experience, instead of backing themselves(coach/managers) to nurture, develop and polish the talent the (former)OUFC youngsters! oh well.... that reminds me, I need to visit a Taylor! ;)

Chey Dunkley received the L1 player of the month award for March, well done to him. Has scored 6 this season, only Henry and Thomas have more for us.

And yet bizarrely we've been much better against route one teams this year than we were with dunkley in the team

Explain that

And yet bizarrely we've been much better against route one teams this year than we were with dunkley in the team

Explain that
Possibly because Wigan play him on the right all the time where he is most comfortable, MAPP used to play him left a lot of the time

Possibly because Wigan play him on the right all the time where he is most comfortable, MAPP used to play him left a lot of the time
Think this is quite significant; when I've watched Wigan this season he's looked fine with the ball at his feet and not seen any Wigan fans complaining about him being uncomfortable with the ball.

Just found this out yesterday, but John Campbell went back to Jarrow Roofing from Whitby Town back in January. Couldn't commit to the travel time apparently.
Jarrow Roofing then folded a couple of weeks ago after the guy in charge of the entire club retired to spend more time with his wife.
No doubt Big John will be knocking them in for a Newcastle-based Northern Premier club next season and regaling anyone who will listen in the clubhouse about his time in the big city.

Just found this out yesterday, but John Campbell went back to Jarrow Roofing from Whitby Town back in January. Couldn't commit to the travel time apparently.
Jarrow Roofing then folded a couple of weeks ago after the guy in charge of the entire club retired to spend more time with his wife.
No doubt Big John will be knocking them in for a Newcastle-based Northern Premier club next season and regaling anyone who will listen in the clubhouse about his time in the big city.

Signed for a new club a couple of days ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180607-084025.jpg
    Screenshot_20180607-084025.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom