Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Ex Players involved (locally) in final Facup preliminary round tomorrow aiming to make it into the Facup first round

Beano ( & Andy Whing) at Banbury Utd

Josh Ashby among those with OUFC connections at CPF too

Last edited:
both former young' assets ' ...but if memory serves, neither featured in the U's first team?

Roberts scored 5 goals in 34 appearances for the first team.
All 5 goals came during 26 appearances in the 14/15 season including 2 goals on first start at Grimsby in the FA Cup.

Bradbury played once in the JPT and once as a sub in the league in the 18/19 season.

Roberts scored 5 goals in 34 appearances for the first team.
All 5 goals came during 26 appearances in the 14/15 season.

Bradbury played once in the JPT and once as a sub in the league in the 18/19 season.
cheers for the correction @Front Post .... seems the memory isn't at its best on a wet October Friday :rolleyes:

Oxford City and Banbury United both qualify for the FA Cup first round proper.

Well done to ex-U’s, Andy Whing, David Oldfield, James Constable, Josh Ashby, James Roberts and Harvey Bradbury and never was a U but should have been Henry Landers.

Last edited:
Roberts looked really good at first, thought he had a real chance of making it

This has got me thinking of Aaron Woodley now, I remember there was a lot of hype around him too, gonna stop now as it’s making me feel old thinking back to the Conference days

Roberts was very unfortunate imo. Very talented but off field issues involving his family really set him back and sadly it’s looking like it cost him his chance in full time or football at league level.

Oxford city look a very decent side this year with some exciting players.

Roberts was very unfortunate imo. Very talented but off field issues involving his family really set him back and sadly it’s looking like it cost him his chance in full time or football at league level.

Oxford city look a very decent side this year with some exciting players.

Always looked just short of football league level to me. Not impossible though that he could do something similar to Matty Taylor and restart his career in non league. Agree though that his family tragedy didn’t help him at a time when his career was in the balance with us.

Always looked just short of football league level to me. Not impossible though that he could do something similar to Matty Taylor and restart his career in non league. Agree though that his family tragedy didn’t help him at a time when his career was in the balance with us.
We all expected him to kick on after he burst on the scene at the tail end of that season, but if I remember correctly he did not have the right attitude or was certainly not at it the beginning of the following season. Appleton felt he was not showing enough to continue where he left off and did not get in the picture. The tragedy happened after he had pushed himself down the pecking order.

Real shame as there were high hopes for him.

Back
Top Bottom