Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Although he wasn’t one of that era who went on to greater things I don’t think you’ll find many
Oxford fans who didn’t rate him, bit like Sercombe in that his limit was probably halfway up L1 but the job done by both cant be questioned.

The link up play between Baldock and Macca down that right hand side was some of the best football we’ve played in years. Teams just couldn’t cope and I know Baldock was the instigator in lots of it but Macdonald sure played his part.
"Baldock and Macca down that right side". You should have seen Peter Knight and Ian McIntosh down the right side in 1959!! The precursor to our entry into the league in '62. Yes, I know, I am living in the past!!

"Baldock and Macca down that right side". You should have seen Peter Knight and Ian McIntosh down the right side in 1959!! The precursor to our entry into the league in '62. Yes, I know, I am living in the past!!
Jethro Tull fan?

take your word on that @windmill ;) ..... '61/ '62 season was my first U's match, last season before replacing Accrington Stanley in the football league, first season as Oxford United

Barrow, on a Tuesday night. And every other night. A long way from the Etihad

I'm not sure he will even get a contract at Barrow. They are distinctly unimpressed. Non-league becomes I reckon which tbf is a bit sad for him personally as he must have had some real potential at one point.

I'm not sure he will even get a contract at Barrow. They are distinctly unimpressed. Non-league becomes I reckon which tbf is a bit sad for him personally as he must have had some real potential at one point.
His mate Buckley-Ricketts has fallen out of the game completely. Signed for P’boro in 2018, made two tinpot appearances in 12 months (absolutely none in the league), and hasn’t had a club for a year. He was a starter in the England U19 team that won the Euros alongside Aaron Ramsdale, Ryan Sessegnon and Mason Mount. A truly incredible fall from grace

Fiacre K ' ( I'll spell his name wrong if I try too type it).... CB who signed in 2018 but never played for OUFC , is now unemployed following Macclesfield towns relegation at the expense of Stevenages survival .... would be avail' on a free , possible back up CB? or not?.... was identified by our scouting team as worth signing 2 years ago, captained Macc town.

Fiacre K ' ( I'll spell his name wrong if I try too type it).... CB who signed in 2018 but never played for OUFC , is now unemployed following Macclesfield towns relegation at the expense of Stevenages survival .... would be avail' on a free , possible back up CB? or not?.... was identified by our scouting team as worth signing 2 years ago, captained Macc town.

KR let him go first time round without making an appearance, I don't think even if Karl changed his mind, that Kelleher would particularly trust in him to come back.

Back
Top Bottom