Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Roofe looks to be signing for Rangers. Would love to see him play in the premier league at some stage but the move to rangers at least allows him to play in Europe and at a big club. Just needs a season with no injuries.

If Leeds get a sell on do we get a percentage? Some transfers are just a sell ons but others go by total income.

So who wrote the contract that allows this to happen?

Quite common for such clauses to be subject to a number of appearances. Sounds like it was 15 based on the wording of that article.

His first appearance for them came when they had 15 league games left, having not made the squad for the first two games immediately following his transfer.
He'll have made 14 appearances if he features tonight so the slight knock that forced him to miss a couple of games more recently is looking pretty vital to our 500k.

If you were sceptical, you might wonder if Brentford deliberately didn't pick him for a few squads to ensure they wouldn't have to pay 500k if they went up.

So who wrote the contract that allows this to happen?

Likely will have a number of different triggers in the contract such as if he makes a number of Premier League appearances or future England caps.

Would just mean Oxford get the additional funds in the future. Overall the deal was good considering Shandon's injury problems.

Shame we couldn’t have negotiated it to, say, 10 appearances. Although if they do go up surely he will make 15, unless something goes badly wrong for him.

Likely will have a number of different triggers in the contract such as if he makes a number of Premier League appearances or future England caps.

Would just mean Oxford get the additional funds in the future. Overall the deal was good considering Shandon's injury problems.
And this, for me at least, would have been sufficient to avoid mention of appearances or, at the very least to have reduced the number of appearances. I would hope that there is something to cover any appearances as a Premiership player?

Shame we couldn’t have negotiated it to, say, 10 appearances. Although if they do go up surely he will make 15, unless something goes badly wrong for him.
I think the appearance clause is coupled with the promotion clause. So not applicable if he makes his 15th in the Premier League.

Would still rather Brentford went up tonight than trying again next year. This is probably their best shot at promotion, if they lose Benrahma and Watkins then they'll be back in mid-table next year.

Would still rather Brentford went up tonight than trying again next year. This is probably their best shot at promotion, if they lose Benrahma and Watkins then they'll be back in mid-table next year.
Let’s hope that if Benrahma finds himself with a free shot at goal from about eight yards, he doesn’t do anything mad.

Okay, okay, sorry... it was wide open. I had to pull the trigger.

I’ve done it again!

And this, for me at least, would have been sufficient to avoid mention of appearances or, at the very least to have reduced the number of appearances. I would hope that there is something to cover any appearances as a Premiership player?

The fact he made number 13 in the first play-off leg (albeit for 5 mins off the bench) and then was missing from the squad entirely in the second leg, but could well be back in it tonight, to make appearance 14, seems quite a coincidence to me*

*assuming that it was 15 appearances required

Quite common for such clauses to be subject to a number of appearances. Sounds like it was 15 based on the wording of that article.

His first appearance for them came when they had 15 league games left, having not made the squad for the first two games immediately following his transfer.
He'll have made 14 appearances if he features tonight so the slight knock that forced him to miss a couple of games more recently is looking pretty vital to our 500k.

If you were sceptical, you might wonder if Brentford deliberately didn't pick him for a few squads to ensure they wouldn't have to pay 500k if they went up.
I'm not so sure about that. If Brentford go up, 500k is loose change..

https://uk.reuters.com/article/promotion-can-earn-brentford-160-million

Back
Top Bottom