Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

But the question is will he get the same wage or near to the same ( and tbh unless his wage is displayed no one knows what he was earning )

So over his 5 year contract he “earns”
£7 million........or he earns approx in a week nearly the average yearly wage, I thought he was o.k as a footballer , I have nothing against him as a person, just sums up in some ways where the game as gone, mad wages

Gosh, imagine being at a club 11 years, a new world-class manager takes the reins and making it your goal to impress him, then him not knowing who you were after the club announced you would be leaving.

And then getting home ready for years in the lower leagues with more cash in your account than most of us could dream of.

These are strange times we live in and no mistake.

So over his 5 year contract he “earns”
£7 million........or he earns approx in a week nearly the average yearly wage, I thought he was o.k as a footballer , I have nothing against him as a person, just sums up in some ways where the game as gone, mad wages

I think it shows the disparity between the top division and the rest of football, as that's the general market rate for a squad player in the lower-half of the Premier League. The big problems arise when players go from being lower PL players to Championship players, as I don't think the gap is that huge in quality but the finances available are vastly less. Also it's so easy to drop down two divisions in two seasons to leave a player like Jack Rodwell on £60k a week at a League One side, which could easily fund the weekly wage bill of a side at the lower end of the third division.

Bit of a random one. Was watching the 2009/10 season review earlier (what a season) does anyone know what Simon Clist got up to post Ox? Thought he was fantastic for us during that season remember him being one of my favourite players alongside Chappers and Potter. Seemed to vanish into thin air

Bit of a random one. Was watching the 2009/10 season review earlier (what a season) does anyone know what Simon Clist got up to post Ox? Thought he was fantastic for us during that season remember him being one of my favourite players alongside Chappers and Potter. Seemed to vanish into thin air

Went to Hereford on loan, then permanently.

Shandon off injures for Brentford, having made a rare start, Shame and hopefully not a bad one

Shandon off injures for Brentford, having made a rare start, Shame and hopefully not a bad one
Brentford looking like they're definitely going up, hopefully we have clauses for both Fosu + Baptiste. Ledson also making a surprise start for PNE.

He was a guest of honour a few seasons back. Always a quiet squad member, he’d taken a good long break from the game. One who football was a profession rather than a passion. Decent player for us though.

Bring back Championship Manager from before the developers and the publishers split. Nothing has gone right since.

Do you want a scrap?

The developers, all of them work on FM and have done since its inception. The publishers of the game now, are SEGA, and they are f*****g awesome and so is everyone who works for them.

XD

Do you want a scrap?

The developers, all of them work on FM and have done since its inception. The publishers of the game now, are SEGA, and they are f*****g awesome and so is everyone who works for them.

XD
I’m sorry, it’s just not tickled me the same since Bjørn Heidenstrøm ruled the world. He’s a hard man to forget.

Back
Top Bottom