Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

It was. It *did* come off the shoulder of a Northampton player on it's way past the keeper, but it wasn't an own goal.

I see Jonte Smith was playing for Cheltenham too last night. (1 sub appearance for us against Blackpool).

Sykes, Woodburn, Kelly, Henry, Thorne, Hanson and Browne (did well at Ipswich) - Goodhram has also looked good in his EFL Trophy appearances.

Of all the positions, Midfield is the strongest with the amount of cover available to us.

Kelly and Thorne DCMs in my example

Woodburn coming back from injury

Henry seems better wide right linking up with Taylor

Hanson out of favour

Browne same as Henry, if you play him in midfield who plays wide left?

If Brannigan was injured you’re looking at Sykes and Woodburn in midfield, or maybe Sykes and Hanson, doesn’t seem super strong to me.

Centre back is a lot stronger - Dickie, Moore, Mousinho, Atkinson, Long, Jones can all do a job there

Kelly and Thorne DCMs in my example

Woodburn coming back from injury

Henry seems better wide right linking up with Taylor

Hanson out of favour

Browne same as Henry, if you play him in midfield who plays wide left?

If Brannigan was injured you’re looking at Sykes and Woodburn in midfield, or maybe Sykes and Hanson, doesn’t seem super strong to me.

Centre back is a lot stronger - Dickie, Moore, Mousinho, Atkinson, Long, Jones can all do a job there

I disagree. I think Kelly would be a more than able deputy for Branaghan.

Hanson would more likely come in if Gorrin was injured. Although you describe him as out of favour, he was just coming back from injury when the league was suspended.

I disagree. I think Kelly would be a more than able deputy for Branaghan.

Hanson would more likely come in if Gorrin was injured. Although you describe him as out of favour, he was just coming back from injury when the league was suspended.

From what I saw of his brief appearances Kelly seemed to be more of a deep lying player, but who knows... I’d have thought Kelly or Thorne would replace Gorrin rather than Hanson but it depends on the opposition and what kind of player we were going for I suppose

From what I saw of his brief appearances Kelly seemed to be more of a deep lying player, but who knows... I’d have thought Kelly or Thorne would replace Gorrin rather than Hanson but it depends on the opposition and what kind of player we were going for I suppose

Is Thorne still around ??

I think the pandemic has thrown an opportunity for a few players. Woodburn, Kelly, Thorne, Hanson and co need to be working their socks off to force their way in. If the season would've stayed on course as normal, it would have come around too soon for the above I feel. We could have some very interesting options come 3rd July.

Wonder if Woodburn’s contractual clause that he starts or we pay more is still applicable...and to what extent that influences team selection..?

Back
Top Bottom