Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Liam Sercombe 'unlikely' to sign new contract at the gas. Looks like he was hoping for an improved deal but CV19 put paid to that.

One of many players who will be looking for a new club

What odds can I get on him joining Lincoln? [emoji57]

Also: “His time at the Kassam Stadium though did not work out as he would end up being frozen out of the first team due to disciplinary issues.”

Yeah, it was a terrible couple of years wasn’t it?

Jonjo Kenny just scored a lovely goal for Schalke. Don't know if it's just because I'm looking out for him more as an ex-Yellow, but he seems to have really come on as a footballer, looks like a really strong RB in a dire Schalke side

Jonjo Kenny just scored a lovely goal for Schalke. Don't know if it's just because I'm looking out for him more as an ex-Yellow, but he seems to have really come on as a footballer, looks like a really strong RB in a dire Schalke side

Was a cracker but Union Berlin have been really wasteful and it should have only been a consolation goal.

Sorry to the guy to plug stuff on here but...

I interviewed Ryan Clarke earlier and he spoke a lot about his time with the club, including his relationship with Michael Appleton and his painful departure from the club. He also spoke candidly about his mental health struggles and how he's overcome them and loving his football again at Bath City.

I would appreciate it if you could give it a listen. Feedback welcome.

Link ? https://open.spotify.com/episode/3FXB4MhZVPBSlgrUufOd0M?si=RGgGE4B_RJKgq8KvHQpGrg

Baptiste and Fosu both scored against Arsenal in a 3-2 friendly win for Brentford, Baptiste MOTM. No surprise to see him continuing to perform vs top opposition, hopefully will be playing PL football next season.

Baptiste and Fosu both scored against Arsenal in a 3-2 friendly win for Brentford, Baptiste MOTM. No surprise to see him continuing to perform vs top opposition, hopefully will be playing PL football next season.
Still can’t believe he didn’t go straight to the PL. He had half a dozen clubs at that level seriously interested in him. An absolute timing / art of the deal masterclass from Brentford.

Still can’t believe he didn’t go straight to the PL. He had half a dozen clubs at that level seriously interested in him. An absolute timing / art of the deal masterclass from Brentford.
Think it could end up being a better move in the long run, better chance of regular first team games + continuing to improve at arguably the best club for development in the EFL (well maybe after us). But surely will be in the prem soon.

Fosu goal at 1:25
Baptiste's at 2:30

Both do well in the build up for each others as well + two cracking finishes

Think it could end up being a better move in the long run, better chance of regular first team games + continuing to improve at arguably the best club for development in the EFL (well maybe after us). But surely will be in the prem soon.

Some decent finishes there.

What odds can I get on him joining Lincoln? [emoji57]

Also: “His time at the Kassam Stadium though did not work out as he would end up being frozen out of the first team due to disciplinary issues.”

Yeah, it was a terrible couple of years wasn’t it?
No chance the reason he left as he did was a fall out with Appleton & Eales

I wish I hadn’t watched that now. I feel sick ? imagine if we still had both in our team!! Yes it was good we got the money for them when we did. But with Fosu back to some form on the left, Baptiste rampaging through the middle, and the rest of our team... I don’t see how we wouldn’t win the playoffs.

Damn you for showing me that, it was like watching a video of your ex win a beauty pageant or something!

I wish I hadn’t watched that now. I feel sick ? imagine if we still had both in our team!! Yes it was good we got the money for them when we did. But with Fosu back to some form on the left, Baptiste rampaging through the middle, and the rest of our team... I don’t see how we wouldn’t win the playoffs.

Damn you for showing me that, it was like watching a video of your ex win a beauty pageant or something!
I think Browne is better than Tariqe. If there was any chance we could get him on a permanent deal he would have a much bigger resale value, can play as a winger, striker and also did OK in midfield when asked to, he is also a couple of years younger.

It would have been great to has seen more of Baptiste, but we have such a strong midfield he is really less of loss, I'd have been a lot more upset if Dickie had left with 24hrs to go in January!!.

If we hadn't sold, we'd be up s**t creek right now!!!

I think Browne is better than Tariqe. If there was any chance we could get him on a permanent deal he would have a much bigger resale value, can play as a winger, striker and also did OK in midfield when asked to, he is also a couple of years younger.

It would have been great to has seen more of Baptiste, but we have such a strong midfield he is really less of loss, I'd have been a lot more upset if Dickie had left with 24hrs to go in January!!.

If we hadn't sold, we'd be up s**t creek right now!!!

Browne may be the better player to own but I think Fosu is more consistently effective. Also is our midfield that strong - apart from Gorrin and Brannigan, the third spot is somewhat up for grabs, and it Brannigan is injured it’s starting to look a little thin (assuming Thorne and Kelly are DCMs rather than CMs)

Browne may be the better player to own but I think Fosu is more consistently effective. Also is our midfield that strong - apart from Gorrin and Brannigan, the third spot is somewhat up for grabs, and it Brannigan is injured it’s starting to look a little thin (assuming Thorne and Kelly are DCMs rather than CMs)

From what I've seen of Kelly, he'd seem the best fit if Brannaghan was injured.

There’s always Jamie Hanson if you’re looking for somebody to kill a man in cold blood.

Fosu was consistently ineffective for a couple of months before leaving

Back
Top Bottom