Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

No game this weekend so gave me time to test the grey matter. Has the club ever had as many ex players and ex loanees now plying their trade in the top 2 tiers at the same time? I may miss some
Lundstram, Johnson, O’Dowda, Ledson, Whyte, Nelson, Dunkley, Roofe, Hylton, Rothwell
loanees. Kane, Kenny, Baldock, Sinclair, Crowley, Browne. Any others?

i appreciate over time we sold on Barron, Les Taylor, Wright, Cassells, Aldo, Houghton, Brock, Hebberd, Elliott, Gilly, Joey etc but not all in same eras.
we have been fortunate to see so many quality players at Oxford in the last 4-5 seasons In my opinion

Last edited:
Has the club ever had as many ex players and ex loanees now plying their trade in the top 2 tiers at the same time? I may miss some
Lundstram, Johnson, O’Dowda, Ledson, Whyte, Nelson, Dunkley, Roofe, Hylton, Rothwell
loanees. Kane, Kenny, Baldock, Sinclair, Crowley, Browne. Any others?

To add; Tyler Roberts, George Long, technically Ricky Holmes, Jake Forster-Caskey, Connor Ripley, Alex Mowatt, probably some more. (You could make cases for Morris, Jakubiak, Carruthers, Mitchell, Carroll....Tsun Dai..?!)
Subtract; Kemar Roofe, Jerome Sinclair - neither in English system currently

To answer your question, probably not. I’d hazard a guess at around 1990 after relegation from Div 1, when the likes of Mustoe and Nogan made names for themselves and any half-decent players we still had got themselves moves; but I still doubt it was anywhere close to the present-day figure.

Last edited:
But i included them as in top or second tier of Germany, Belgium and Holland...and Roofe was in second tier, Kenny contracted in top tier as is Sinclair
Forgot about Long, Roberts, Mowatt. Forster-Caskey. Some of others are on loan in lower leagues or totally out of favour carruthers has left SU and is at Cambridge.
in truth half our current side could finish in top 2 tiers in next 2 years. Hopefully with us of course

[QUOTE="Canterbury exile, post: 203479, member:
in truth half our current side could finish in top 2 tiers in next 2 years. Hopefully with us of course
[/QUOTE]
If we were to go up some of those not deemed to be good enough in the Championship may prove some wrong (Ruffels?)
Just see how many Sheff United players from L1 are now performing in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom