Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

How did Obika not end up in hospital after that overhead kick? Good goal though.

Most surprising about that Obika goal is that he took the shot on rather than trapping it and doing four or five rollovers for no apparent reason.

How dare you disrespect the Obika rollover, it brought me great joy seeing defenders quake in fear as the Beek came ever closer, foot moving at the speed of light as the ball moved left, moved right, moved left again until it was inexplicably sliced into touch or passed to a defender.

In all seriousness, served us to the best of his ability and cant help feeling it was slightly unfortunate it never paid off. Hope he makes a success of it north of the border.

Most surprising about that Obika goal is that he took the shot on rather than trapping it and doing four or five rollovers for no apparent reason.

What I liked most was that Hall and Baptiste had some twitter banter together with Obika. They were all injured and even though Obika is at a different club they still look out for each other.

Looking at the Rotherham fans forum it lead me to an article in the Sheffield Star where chippy Wilder was talking up the chances of George Baldock being selected in the England squad (or Greece for whom he also qualifies)

Dexter Blackstock must have got lessons in being a "slum landlord"....

Not having working smoke detectors is unforgivable in my book. If someone died in a house fire in one of his properties their blood would be on his hands.

Anyone reading this post - check your smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide) - do it now, it could save your life. I’ve seen the results of house fires caused with people who didn’t have them/old batteries etc and it isn’t pretty.

Not having working smoke detectors is unforgivable in my book. If someone died in a house fire in one of his properties their blood would be on his hands.

Anyone reading this post - check your smoke alarms (and carbon monoxide) - do it now, it could save your life. I’ve seen the results of house fires caused with people who didn’t have them/old batteries etc and it isn’t pretty.

I would have thought that maintaining smoke detectors would be down to the tenant. Most tenants dismantle them and leave them on the top of the fridge to be forgotten once the battery starts bleeping.
But yes, if he not provided smoke detectors from the start of tenancy then that’s unforgivable.

Good for Hoobs. Not good enough for us but clearly very good at that level.

I felt it hard to dislike Hoban. For someone with such a prolific goalscoring rate elsewhere, he played in a much more reserved way for us and at times was utterly selfless. I’ve love to see his assist stats – I bet he was the final pass before a fair number of our goals from the first half of 2015-16, notably that knock down for Roofe’s belter against Bristol Rovers (‘Holy moly!’).

I think Hoobs’ time here can be summed up by a miss against Millwall in the JPT semi-final first leg. The ball was crossed in from the right and Hoobs caught it neatly on the half volley only for the ball to drift just wide of the post. If Roofe had been charging onto it, he would have caught it imperfectly and scored. The guy just didn’t seem to have luck on his side and his return of 6 goals in over 50 appearances sums it up.

Good to see he’s doing well back in Ireland regardless. He played his part in probably our most fun season in the last 20 years.

Last edited:
I felt it hard to dislike Hoban. For someone with such a prolific goalscoring rate elsewhere, he played in a much more reserved way for us and at times was utterly selfless. I’ve love to see his assist stats – I bet he was the final pass before a fair number of our goals from the first half of 2015-16, notably that knock down for Roofe’s belter against Bristol Rovers (‘Holy moly!’).

I think Hoobs’ time here can be summed up by a miss against Millwall in the JPT semi-final first leg. The ball was crossed in from the right and Hoobs caught it neatly on the half volley only for the ball to drift just wide of the post. If Roofe had been charging onto it, he would have caught it imperfectly and scored. The guy just didn’t seem to have luck on his side and his return of 6 goals in over 50 appearances

Good to see he’s doing well back in Ireland regardless. He played his part in probably our most fun season in the last 20 years.
I thought he was a really good player, great in the air and at holding the ball up. Remember his goal against I think Rotherham where he whacked the ball in on the turn. Obviously he just didn’t score enough and he had his chances elsewhere in England

Back
Top Bottom