Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

So they are keeping Lundstrom?
He hasn't played much this season and that surprises me a little.

So they are keeping Lundstrom?
He hasn't played much this season and that surprises me a little.

Still under contract for another year so they’re not going to release him for nowt and settle when they can get a small (cf PL) fee or loan him and have his wages covered.

Still under contract for another year so they’re not going to release him for nowt.

According to TransferMarkt, only Jake Wright of the three is out of contract, so the surprise at retaining Lundstram, in the same boat as Carruthers and Holmes, is reasonable.

To me it boils down to - Carruthers is not part of plans so has no hope of playing for Sheffield Utd in the Prem, Lundstram still might.

• React
Reactions: MJB
According to TransferMarkt, only Jake Wright of the three is out of contract, so the surprise at retaining Lundstram, in the same boat as Carruthers and Holmes, is reasonable.

To me it boils down to - Carruthers is not part of plans so has no hope of playing for Sheffield Utd in the Prem, Lundstram still might.

Somehow Jake Wright isn't out if contract hence his transfer listing rather than release. He signed a two year deal when he first joined them. But they've never announced an extension being signed so the presumption is there were promotion/appearance extension clauses in there.

Lee Molyneaux is the new manager of Gosport.

Dannie Bulman in talks with Crawley over a new deal. At age 40, he is the football leagues oldest player. (a month older than Kevin Ellison). Managed 40 appearances this season.

Last edited:
Xemi sacked by Lleida for flying to watch Barcelona at Anfield.

Ha. Had no idea it was him. Heard about the story on the latest Totally Football Show podcast but had no idea it was our medical student friend!

Ha. Had no idea it was him. Heard about the story on the latest Totally Football Show podcast but had no idea it was our medical student friend!

I think there was a similar story of a Dutch Second Division player watching the Ajax first leg at Spurs.

Just wanted to post this as an interesting exchange.

Canice Carroll on his social media posting his thanks for his time spent at the Scum. Below are some snapshots of comments from other current and ex-Oxford players, probably more in jest than in seriousness!

(If you can't make out the most common emoji, it's a snake)

Worth mentioning the last one, Reece Cole, isn't affiliated with either club. Just a Brentford youth teammate that knows the score!

Just wanted to post this as an interesting exchange.

Canice Carroll on his social media posting his thanks for his time spent at the Scum. Below are some snapshots of comments from other current and ex-Oxford players, probably more in jest than in seriousness!

(If you can't make out the most common emoji, it's a snake)

View attachment 1433

View attachment 1434

View attachment 1435

View attachment 1436

View attachment 1437

Worth mentioning the last one, Reece Cole, isn't affiliated with either club. Just a Brentford youth teammate that knows the score!

Ha.

Ryan Clarke in the National league south team of the year, pleased for him was so good for us and to leave and be benched for a year when you felt he had a lot left at that level was a shame so good to see he is still a very capable goalie

Back
Top Bottom