Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Back to COD, is he even that good to be commanding those fees?

Without wanting to put a downer on him as he was a useful player for us, he’s playing as a winger for the worst Ireland side 1996 and doesn’t score a great number of goals for Bristol City.

I’m gunning for him signing for £10m to Leeds but am still amazed those sort of figures are being touted around.

When do you think Swindon are going to try and sign constable and Leven? They tried to get Potter in the summer. It's like they want our old successful team!

Back to COD, is he even that good to be commanding those fees?

Without wanting to put a downer on him as he was a useful player for us, he’s playing as a winger for the worst Ireland side 1996 and doesn’t score a great number of goals for Bristol City.

I’m gunning for him signing for £10m to Leeds but am still amazed those sort of figures are being touted around.

"Poor man's Stuart Downing" just flitted through my mind.

There were people on here who were saying he wasn't even worth a million just before we sold him, so let's see.

Liam Sercombe to Pompey?
think that was one of the few things Appleton got wrong letting him go. I know there was the fallout from Wembley but was good player

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/former-exeter-city-favourite-liam-2451629

I’d love to replay that day and force MApp to get it right.

Start Skarz* at LB, Marvin Johnson at LW ahead of out-of-position Joe Rothwell and bring on Sercombe earlier. Failing that, force Rob Hall to bloody well square it to Kane Hemmings at 1-2 down! I reckon we would have won that game with that formation.

I always liked Sercombe but League 1 is his upper level, I feel. He’s the sort of player to keep you at this level rather than excel out of it, so I’m surprised Pompey are chasing him.

*Incidentally the defender you don’t want to f**k with is now on loan at Halifax. Almost certainly a local move that benefits him, but he’s only 29 and surely better than Conference level?

I’d love to replay that day and force MApp to get it right.

Start Skarz* at LB, Marvin Johnson at LW ahead of out-of-position Joe Rothwell and bring on Sercombe earlier. Failing that, force Rob Hall to bloody well square it to Kane Hemmings at 1-2 down! I reckon we would have won that game with that formation.

I always liked Sercombe but League 1 is his upper level, I feel. He’s the sort of player to keep you at this level rather than excel out of it, so I’m surprised Pompey are chasing him.

*Incidentally the defender you don’t want to f**k with is now on loan at Halifax. Almost certainly a local move that benefits him, but he’s only 29 and surely better than Conference level?

Played as many games as 39 year old though.

He looked semi-retired when he was playing for us.

Good to know he’s settled in the finest city in the world, mind.

To be fair to him, he wasn’t that bad!! Also, he did a lot of work behind the scenes with the young development side of things often a long time after the rest of the players had knocked off for the day.

To be fair to him, he wasn’t that bad!! Also, he did a lot of work behind the scenes with the young development side of things often a long time after the rest of the players had knocked off for the day.

Was only paid as a player unfortunately, and at that he was very, very poor.

Back
Top Bottom