Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Anyone know what has happened to Lundstrum. Doesn't appear to get in Sheff Utd squad, is he injured?

He played the other week against the plastics, but he was taken off. Not sure if he has been injured or caught in the Wilder appetite for rotating his team

Apparently scum are making enquires about Danny Rose our old one not the spuds one

Rumour mill has started up around interest in CO’D from Leeds United.

I’m fairly sure there’s a healthy sell-on clause in place.

Once the agreed amount due to Eales has been paid, the club benefits. It matters not where the transfer revenue comes from.

This story says City should look at bids from 8 to 10 million.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-much-leeds-united-target-2433865

though it does also say that they can trigger a one year contract extension in the Summer as well.

Interesting.

Interesting because we have a 30% sell on clause. Interesting because it was widely known that his dad, who was (maybe still is?) his agent was the one angling for a transfer, and might fancy another one and the riches it brings. Interesting as Bristol City have a further one year option on the three year deal he signed, so could trigger it and demand a fee. Interesting as it appears the talks regarding a new contract for COD are becoming very drawn out and protracted (sound familiar?).

But mostly interesting because 30% of the sell on profit could be between £2million and £2.5million to OUFC.

Interesting.

Interesting because we have a 30% sell on clause. Interesting because it was widely known that his dad, who was (maybe still is?) his agent was the one angling for a transfer, and might fancy another one and the riches it brings. Interesting as Bristol City have a further one year option on the three year deal he signed, so could trigger it and demand a fee. Interesting as it appears the talks regarding a new contract for COD are becoming very drawn out and protracted (sound familiar?).

But mostly interesting because 30% of the sell on profit could be between £2million and £2.5million to OUFC.
I know I waffle on about the loan notes and transfer fee instalments etc going to Eales. So OK there are known (to the club) instalments on Roofe, O'Dowda, Johnson and Lundstram who were all sold prior to takeover. players sold after the takeover like Ryan Ledson. Then there are unknowns in terms of appearances, sell-ons (like here). and potentially future player sales like Nelson or Whyte.
Do you think that the known instalments are enough to pay off Eales, and then after that the rest go to the club? Or is some of his money owed still covered by future income?

also as was being discussed on [edit] Kelleher Fellacre, would the club get 5% anyway for his "development"

Last edited:
Interesting.

I know I waffle on about the loan notes and transfer fee instalments etc going to Eales. So OK there are known (to the club) instalments on Roofe, O'Dowda, Johnson and Lundstram who were all sold prior to takeover. players sold after the takeover like Ryan Ledson. Then there are unknowns in terms of appearances, sell-ons (like here). and potentially future player sales like Nelson or Whyte.
Do you think that the known instalments are enough to pay off Eales, and then after that the rest go to the club? Or is some of his money owed still covered by future income?

also as was being discussed on Fellacre, would the club get 5% anyway for his "development"
Don’t think Eales can get anything for O’Dowda he was one of our own before Eales came along.

also as was being discussed on [edit] Kelleher Fellacre, would the club get 5% anyway for his "development"

Nice simple one Mark. The known instalments are all that Eales is entitled to, and go directly to the holding account. Any sell ons come to the club. If the club wanted to pay off Eales last remaining instalment early (unlikely as that may be!!!) then the last instalment payment from selling (I think) Johnson would come to the club and the charge would be cancelled.

I've no idea about the Kelleher 5% and think the whole issue of the compensation that had to be paid to the other Scottish club (can't remember which one now?) sounds a little strange.

Bristol City are valuing COD at £8million to £10million, by the way!!!

Back
Top Bottom