Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Hope we got a sell-on put into the deal for Lunny and didn’t just let him go for half a million cash. He could well fetch the best part of £10m even with a year left in the Prem. First half of last season he was one of the Prem’s breakout performers.
Did DE sell him? If so, i recall he never added clauses as wanted more upfront cash.

Did DE sell him? If so, i recall he never added clauses as wanted more upfront cash.
I believe Dave Jones did a lot of the deals back then. We certainly added in clauses for O’Dowda and Roofe the previous summer, but no idea on Lundstram. If we didn’t even get a minuscule 10% (which could actually turn out to be worth a fortune) then that would be pretty shocking.

If we didn’t put in sell on clauses for all players we sell to higher-up teams (even relatively small ones like 5%) then it’s absolutely criminal.

Wilder’s now put Lundstram on the transfer list as he won’t sign the new contract and only 12 months left to run.

Wilder’s now put Lundstram on the transfer list as he won’t sign the new contract and only 12 months left to run.

I like to think the transfer list is a noticeboard found at the FA's headquarters. I don't know many clubs or managers who actually refer to selling players as 'transfer listing' them, it seems a fairly outdated term but a very Chris Wilder thing to do.

I believe Dave Jones did a lot of the deals back then. We certainly added in clauses for O’Dowda and Roofe the previous summer, but no idea on Lundstram. If we didn’t even get a minuscule 10% (which could actually turn out to be worth a fortune) then that would be pretty shocking.

As Eales was looking to sell the club there was no point putting sell ons for players who might never get sold. It’s not like there was a potential big portfolio of sell ons. So a buyer wouldn’t price much for a potential sale or even sell on. Like CM saying the Marvin Johnson price was unbelievable. Eales sold him , Sartori didn’t buy the club.

As Eales was looking to sell the club there was no point putting sell ons for players who might never get sold. It’s not like there was a potential big portfolio of sell ons. So a buyer wouldn’t price much for a potential sale or even sell on. Like CM saying the Marvin Johnson price was unbelievable. Eales sold him , Sartori didn’t buy the club.
I believe the now paid off debt charge specifically mentioned future payments in the transfers.

Only the future payments due anyway from the installments of the original transfer fees.

The instalments due was the intention. Not sell ons. And only up to a certain amount.
Indeed only up to the owed amount. But sure it mentioned along the lines of all future income from the specified transfers.

Indeed only up to the owed amount. But sure it mentioned along the lines of all future income from the specified transfers.

Until the debt was paid off. Which it has been. So there was no benefit to Eales having for instance the club having a sell on for Lundstram. Eales simply structured payment of his money due by aligning it with instalments on player transfer fees he knew were coming in.

It’s old news.

Some of the players sold when the club was owned by Darryl Eales had sell on clauses as part of the deal. Some of them didn’t. We all hope John Lundstram is one of the players who did.

There.

I like to think the transfer list is a noticeboard found at the FA's headquarters. I don't know many clubs or managers who actually refer to selling players as 'transfer listing' them, it seems a fairly outdated term but a very Chris Wilder thing to do.

It apparently is actually still a thing, disappointingly not a noticeboard though:

Was there a sell on clause for Roofe? I don’t recall the OM recording it when he moved from Leeds to Anderlecht. The fee was undisclosed though so there may have been something.

Until the debt was paid off. Which it has been. So there was no benefit to Eales having for instance the club having a sell on for Lundstram. Eales simply structured payment of his money due by aligning it with instalments on player transfer fees he knew were coming in.

It’s old news.
I'm not saying there is benefit to Eales, just that (from memory) the agreement mentioned future income which could suggest sell on fees and incremental - so it didn't really make any difference about fees up front as was suggested.

Back
Top Bottom