Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Bit of an oops there by the Brentford keeper but very quick thinking by the Fulham player.

Yes quick thinking indeed, but what was that keeper doing? At least the second half of extra time will have a bit of action - Brentford have to attack.

Fulham 2-0 now, & that is pretty much game over

unless Brentford can score twice or 3 times in 4 mins added

they should've started with both Baptiste and Fosu I reckon

the latter on as a sub on 105 mins - and nearly scored, just before Brenford pulled one back

Last edited:
All over - Fulham return to PL at their first attempt after being relegated

more action in the last 20 mins than in the preceding 100 minutes.... surprising with the mega money it was worth to the winners

That result has probably worked out in our favour. I think Brentford will be very strong again next season, so we may benefit from the promotion clause in the Baptiste sale. (Unless there's another previously unmentioned caveat like he needs to take at least 30 throw ins throughout the season).

Luke Garbutt looks like he's joining Sunderland, their fans think he'll be playing LB

He's not really stronger than the wingers they do have, but he's proven to be better as a defensive winger than he is as an attacking full back.

I think Ipswich fans thought they were getting a LB as well, and must be trying to take full credit for his 'conversion' into a LW last term, even though that was very much a KR idea. Though I haven't seen what he did before us. I think he did have a handful of games in that position pre-us, but not with any great effect.

He's not really stronger than the wingers they do have, but he's proven to be better as a defensive winger than he is as an attacking full back.

I think Ipswich fans thought they were getting a LB as well, and must be trying to take full credit for his 'conversion' into a LW last term, even though that was very much a KR idea. Though I haven't seen what he did before us. I think he did have a handful of games in that position pre-us, but not with any great effect.
Think Sunderland play 5 at the back, could see him thriving in the wing back position.

I thought hed be right up Appys street so surprised hes been let go.

Think he was very hit/miss there. Ona. decent wage which is why he's moved for free despite being under contract.

I remember his first few games for us and thinking we had the best player in the division. I still think he's capable of it, but hasn't shown any of it for the last two seasons at Bradford and Lincoln.

Let's hope, unfortunately for him, that he doesn't rediscover his form this season either.

Back
Top Bottom