Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Alex MacDonald and Craig Davies released by Mansfield. Jordan Graham (the ex youth team one), in negotiations.

Michael Raynes released by Hartlepool

James Roberts released by Spennymoor. Spennymoor manager very complimentary:

"I knew when I first met James what type of character I was signing and he certainly didn’t disappoint. He is a real tireless worker with a fantastic attitude who gave his all for the shirt. He is a constant menace for defenders and grew in confidence as last season went on. He was immense at the back end of the season, but unfortunately due to the Covid-19 situation he has moved back down South to be with his family and can’t commit to being able to stay in the North East. We fully understand this situation and have supported James by not taking up his option and allowing him to become a free agent. Hopefully if another opportunity for James to move to the North East permanently presents itself we might see him again in a Spennymoor shirt again. Good Luck Robbo you are a great player but an even better person!”

Last edited:
If certain players had displayed better attitudes and used their talents better, they would have the benefit now of a contract for the best year or so...

If certain players had displayed better attitudes and used their talents better, they would have the benefit now of a contract for the best year or so...
Whatever your quibbles about Jordan Graham he's a skilful and exciting player who most lower league clubs would love to have - but in future it will be at 30K not 100K or whatever he would have previously expected. He may find it pays better to get a normal job, he seems an intelligent and articulate guy.

Not an ex-player but an ex member of staff.

I notice Jonty Castle (head of football operations during the 15/16 season promotion season) is now Chief Executive at AFC Fylde after spending 3 years at Wigan.

Back
Top Bottom