Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

I’ll not have a word against the Banger. He had a wonderful, greasy charm which deserves respect.

He must have singlehandedly kept the Tanning Salons of Oxford open when he was at the club.

Plus he did score that cracking goal away to Sheffield United in March 1999 when we won 2-1 midweek. That was an awesome away trip as it was so unexpected and Paul Gerrard made one of the best saves I've ever seen live. Walking into the Cricketers Arms next to ground before the game was amusing, it was like in the films when everything stops including the music, and the pints were poured with about a 1/3 of a head but that wasn't only for us as the locals had the same.

Last edited:
I remember him being here on trial, he stayed with a local from the pub. Got a bit homesick if I remember rightly.

I remember him being here on trial, he stayed with a local from the pub. Got a bit homesick if I remember rightly.

Yeah he replied on Twitter to say that he returned to Guernsey as he wasn’t enjoying life away from home.

Tony Capaldi, and his mate Jack Grealish, being naughty boys allegedly drink driving after a party, crashing and leaving the scene. ALLEGEDLY.

I wonder if he pulled his hamstring leaving the scene?

Tony Capaldi, and his mate Jack Grealish, being naughty boys allegedly drink driving after a party, crashing and leaving the scene. ALLEGEDLY.

I wonder if he pulled his hamstring leaving the scene?

I f*****g love that it was Tony Capaldi pictured alongside him in all of the pictures. I’m sure @RyanioBirdio will have some interesting stories about our ever professional Northern Irish fullback!

I f*****g love that it was Tony Capaldi pictured alongside him in all of the pictures. I’m sure @RyanioBirdio will have some interesting stories about our ever professional Northern Irish fullback!
Sorry to disappoint you, but I left right before Capaldi joined us. ‘My’ left backs were Tonkin and Kinniburgh, and before that Kevin Sandwith.

I DO have a naughty story about one of them, but it isn’t suitable for these forums for a variety of reasons... ?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I left right before Capaldi joined us. ‘My’ left backs were Tonkin and Kinniburgh, and before that Kevin Sandwith.

I DO have a naughty story about one of them, but it isn’t suitable for these forums for a variety of reasons... [emoji102]

Boooo-urns.

I DO have a naughty story about one of them, but it isn’t suitable for these forums for a variety of reasons... ?

Since Tonkin and Sandwith have disappeared into the sunset, I deduce the story is about Kinniburgh since he’s been on co-commentary and at the odd club function from time to time. A naughty story would have some ramifications still. Tonkin never seemed the sort to get into any bother either.

What’s the Scottish fella been up to then?

Since Tonkin and Sandwith have disappeared into the sunset, I deduce the story is about Kinniburgh since he’s been on co-commentary and at the odd club function from time to time. A naughty story would have some ramifications still. Tonkin never seemed the sort to get into any bother either.

What’s the Scottish fella been up to then?

I think it's Sandwith, in an "it's always those you least expect" fashion.

Speaking of the aforementioned three - Anthony Tonkin thought I was Chris Williams for the first six months he was at the club. It got to the point that it was too awkward to correct him, so we all just went along with it. The real CW enjoyed it a lot.

Speaking of the aforementioned three - Anthony Tonkin thought I was Chris Williams for the first six months he was at the club. It got to the point that it was too awkward to correct him, so we all just went along with it. The real CW enjoyed it a lot.
I'm going to have to start reading a bit slower. I misread it as Cliff Williams. So Ryan how was your time in AC/DC ?

Back
Top Bottom