Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Not necessarily - there are or were loan notes due to ENSCO of £4,275,708 by some date in 2019. Cash received from sales of O'Dowda, Roofe, Lundstram and Johnson get paid into a separate bank account, of which £3,275,708 gets paid to Ensco in instalments due April 2018, September 2018 and final in 2019.. If the residual transfer fees and any current or future player sales exceed that amount (£3,275,708 in total), then the club gets to take the excess out of the account.

So depending on whether the transfer cash coming in is enough to repay Ensco in full, then at some point Eales doesn't get any further profits. I don't think FA rules allow him to claim a sell-on clause due to player ownership rules, but did enable him to put in a deferred payment arrangement based on transfer fee cashflows.
I appreciate the detailed explanation Mark.
To confirm, Tiger has to make the payments, as per the agreement, no matter what has been generated via transfer income of said players?

I appreciate the detailed explanation Mark.
To confirm, Tiger has to make the payments, as per the agreement, no matter what has been generated via transfer income of said players?
I think this is how it works ...
All transfer fees get paid into the separate bank account.
If there is more than £995,817 on 30 April 2018, the club gets to take the excess out, and Ensco takes £995,817.
The same on 30 September 2018, If there is more than £995,817 the club gets to take the excess out, and Ensco takes £995,817.
Then if there is more than £1,284,074 in the account after 30 September 2018, the club takes the excess out, and at some point (presumably 2019), Ensco take £1,284,074.
Now why that is short by £1M of the loan notes adding up to £4,275,708 I'm not sure. Perhaps the takeover took so long that some transfer fee income already came in.
Also why the amounts are two identical odd numbers and then a different final number I can't work out either. Perhaps it is known instalments on some of the player transfer fees.

Also it's not clear whether the £4,275,708 is all that was owed to Eales / Ensco, and whether there is in fact more debt lurking around.

I think this is how it works ...
All transfer fees get paid into the separate bank account.
If there is more than £995,817 on 30 April 2018, the club gets to take the excess out, and Ensco takes £995,817.
The same on 30 September 2018, If there is more than £995,817 the club gets to take the excess out, and Ensco takes £995,817.
Then if there is more than £1,284,074 in the account after 30 September 2018, the club takes the excess out, and at some point (presumably 2019), Ensco take £1,284,074.
Now why that is short by £1M of the loan notes adding up to £4,275,708 I'm not sure. Perhaps the takeover took so long that some transfer fee income already came in.
Also why the amounts are two identical odd numbers and then a different final number I can't work out either. Perhaps it is known instalments on some of the player transfer fees.

Also it's not clear whether the £4,275,708 is all that was owed to Eales / Ensco, and whether there is in fact more debt lurking around.
I really appreciate attempted explanation. They dont make it easy, do they?

• React
Reactions: MJB
Michael Collins is the new Head coach at Bradford

Promoted from within as he was their u18 coach. Apparently they've have been turned down by a lot of applicants as they aren't willing to work under the present structure. The structure basically involves the owners and Greg Abbott signing the players with the Head coach having no say.

The Bradford fans' comments I've seen are not happy about it or the owner.

Michael Collins is the new Head coach at Bradford

Promoted from within as he was their u18 coach. Apparently they've have been turned down by a lot of applicants as they aren't willing to work under the present structure. The structure basically involves the owners and Greg Abbott signing the players with the Head coach having no say.

Its certainly a big jump for such a young coach.

Good luck to him but it smacks of a lack of investment or ambition.

Interesting to compare with our own coaching set-up which has been built on successfully this summer.

But some of the Bradford fans are claiming fans r the umpteenth time they’re going up this season.......now where have I heard that before?

Good luck to him. Appletons first signing I think?

If "Honest bunch of lads" was in the dictionary (origin: Darren Patterson) I think Michael Collins would be used as the example...
Bit of a poisoned chalice by the sounds of it, but wish him luck nonetheless.

If I was a Bradford supporter then I’d be very underwhelmed with that appointment.No disrespect to MC, but it sounds like the owner has gone with a cheap option. Don’t think we need to worry about them this season.

Its certainly a big jump for such a young coach.

Good luck to him but it smacks of a lack of investment or ambition.

Interesting to compare with our own coaching set-up which has been built on successfully this summer.

Reading their forum briefly, the suggestion is that the set up is so the owner can effectively be manager by proxy.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I understand that Bradford is co-owned by two German gentleman, where this is a culture of hiring young coaches. The owners are trying to import that German football model, with great value season tickets too. I am assuming safe standing ASAP if and when approved. Good luck to BCFC, except when they lose to us home and away 18/19.

I understand that Bradford is co-owned by two German gentleman, where this is a culture of hiring young coaches. The owners are trying to import that German football model, with great value season tickets too. I am assuming safe standing ASAP if and when approved. Good luck to BCFC, except when they lose to us home and away 18/19.
Their early bird season ticket for 18/19 was £149/£7.30 per game.

9016ce2fc99aeb41d50621bdac356bc6.jpg

Pah ha ha.

Seemed like a very sensible chap when he was with us. All the very best to you Michael, as long as it is not against us.

Back
Top Bottom