Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Notts County were one of my old mans clubs, along with Forest and Mansfield. He moved to Oxford and took me to my first game at the Manor. He instilled in me the need to follow your local club. He was born and bred in Nottinghamshire and loved all 3 Notts clubs. So I have a soft spot for county and hope they return soon.

Looks like one of our Triallist got a deal elsewhere in the end

I'd take Leon Clarke, and maybe even Jake Wright back as cover/experience....I know we have Mousinho too but he could mentor the DM's and Jake could mentor the young CB's we have.

Poor from Wilder there. Not his biggest fan but they’re contracted and entitled to stay where they are. Dirty laundry shouldn’t be aired in public.
It's old school and to be honest I get where he is coming from. Footballers wanting to play football shock!
I am amazed that Holmes is still being regarded as a current player and hadn't retired with a pay off .

• React
Reactions: m
Dan Lincoln, a goalkeeper who featured for our youth team a few years ago on a youth loan from Reading to cover for injury, is going to be a sub fielder for England during the second test at Lords.

Wilder on Sheffield Uniteds deadwood - including Jake Wright, Ricky Holmes and Samir Carruthers; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...heffield-uniteds-dead-wood-put-careers-money/
He's got a point though. Most of them were signed as players for league 1, probably not the Championship, and definitely not the Premiership.

I don't know what their contracts say as to promotion pay rises, but they should take a pay-off and get back to playing football. Although Holmes and Wright would probably struggle to stay uninjured at any level.

He's got a point though. Most of them were signed as players for league 1, probably not the Championship, and definitely not the Premiership.

I don't know what their contracts say as to promotion pay rises, but they should take a pay-off and get back to playing football. Although Holmes and Wright would probably struggle to stay uninjured at any level.

Shouldn't have offered them such long contracts then.

Back
Top Bottom