Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

But we don’t get nothing

Have Bristol City not activated an additional year on his contract?

If he will not sign the new contract he will hopefully go over the summer and if suspected a decent amount we should get additional much needed bumce..

Next question I'm predicting if he does go for a multi million fee and the sell is worth 30% to us does it filter into the player budget?

Last edited:
Have Bristol City not activated an additional year on his contract?

If he will not sign the new contract he will hopefully go over the summer and if suspected a decent amount we should get additional much needed bumce..

Next question I'm predicting if he does go for a multi million fee and the sell is worth 30% to us does it filter into the player budget?
I thought we would get any sell on but someone on here a while back said we won’t, but he f he goes for nothing we get nothing.

That's a little harsh battman. O'Dowda merely took no crap from a greedy Eales who tried fleecing him. He spent 13 years with us and was a big part in our promo to L1. He has been at Bristol for 3 years and doesn't want to sign a new deal, big deal! - obviously better things in the pipeline. Good on him and good for us when we get a decent % in his sale. Keep it real
Agree with this - I really dont get this grudge against COD that sections of our support seem to have. There was clearly some dispute behind the scenes when he left here, the (alleged) background to which has been explained on here by a number of posters a number of times. Now we dont know the full details, but I think it is clear that there was more to events than just him 'pulling a sickie to get a move', which many seem to be more than happy to believe. In fact, I love this assumption that his illness was false, just because it suits an agenda, despite many references to it on all sides, including Bristol showing frustration that he was unable to join their pre-season straight away because of it...

Now, if we are to believe the story as written, then it is Bristol that are acting out of order, rather than the player, who has every right not to sign a new deal just because it has been offered. We know nothing about the terms, we knowe nothing about what negotations have been offered or have already taken place, so to again make assumptions just to twist an unknown situation, in order to further an accusation of a particular character type onto him again seems quite strange.

3rd person ownership of player contracts/clauses are not allowed.
I think the point Bazzer is making is that until the secured debt owed to Ensco is paid off, any player transfer / sell-on related money gets paid into the separate bank account, and Ensco can use that cash to pay off the loan notes.

Seeing as Companies House don't show the charge as being released, people currently assume that the secured debt is still owing.

Now whether the club has a sell-on for O'Dowda is another point altogether. Some say that Eales took a higher initial cash sum rather than wait for a potential sell-on. This would seem sensible if he was looking to sell the club, maximise cash, rather than sell the club with a potential sell-on that may or not ever come in.

Agree with this - I really dont get this grudge against COD that sections of our support seem to have. There was clearly some dispute behind the scenes when he left here, the (alleged) background to which has been explained on here by a number of posters a number of times. Now we dont know the full details, but I think it is clear that there was more to events than just him 'pulling a sickie to get a move', which many seem to be more than happy to believe. In fact, I love this assumption that his illness was false, just because it suits an agenda, despite many references to it on all sides, including Bristol showing frustration that he was unable to join their pre-season straight away because of it...

Now, if we are to believe the story as written, then it is Bristol that are acting out of order, rather than the player, who has every right not to sign a new deal just because it has been offered. We know nothing about the terms, we knowe nothing about what negotations have been offered or have already taken place, so to again make assumptions just to twist an unknown situation, in order to further an accusation of a particular character type onto him again seems quite strange.
I suppose refusing to go on a pre season tour to force a move might have something to do with fans having a grudge. Allegedly that is.

I think the point Bazzer is making is that until the secured debt owed to Ensco is paid off, any player transfer / sell-on related money gets paid into the separate bank account, and Ensco can use that cash to pay off the loan notes.

Seeing as Companies House don't show the charge as being released, people currently assume that the secured debt is still owing.

Now whether the club has a sell-on for O'Dowda is another point altogether. Some say that Eales took a higher initial cash sum rather than wait for a potential sell-on. This would seem sensible if he was looking to sell the club, maximise cash, rather than sell the club with a potential sell-on that may or not ever come in.

That's fine but that would be in lieu of other monies, not in addition.

I suppose refusing to go on a pre season tour to force a move might have something to do with fans having a grudge. Allegedly that is.
But has anyone any actual proof or confirmation that he refused to go, or is it just an assumption made purely because it was said that he was ill and medical certificates were not made available for public viewing?

That's fine but that would be in lieu of other monies, not in addition.
When I look at the OUFC 2018 accounts, trade debtors which are presumably known transfer fees receivable, were less than the secured loan notes payable. So that suggests to me that any sell-ons or performance related money is still going into that bank account. Unless of course Tiger uses some other source of cash to repay the secured loans.

He was sold a couple of days after, the move was obviously close to being done, it’s nowhere near as bad as going before talks have even started so I don’t really hold it against him

And even if the money from him going to Leeds goes to Eales at least it gets us closer to paying him off which can only be a good thing

But has anyone any actual proof or confirmation that he refused to go, or is it just an assumption made purely because it was said that he was ill and medical certificates were not made available for public viewing?
As I said allegedly. I seem to remember at the time that Appleton was really disappointed with his attitude though.

3rd person ownership of player contracts/clauses are not allowed.
I understand what your saying and when someone earlier was talking about sell ons, I did say that money would come to us as he was one of our own, but someone came back and said it would go to DE.
Personally I hope not

I understand what your saying and when someone earlier was talking about sell ons, I did say that money would come to us as he was one of our own, but someone came back and said it would go to DE.
Personally I hope not

They'd be wrong I reckon but as has been discussed above, DE could get the money via the club to satisfy the charge he has against it.

Cardiff Metropolitan University have a chance at qualifying for the Europa League next season.

The U's link is that two-time loanee Christian Edwards is their manager. He completed a PhD in Sports Science there. There can't be many other ex-Oxford players with full doctorates, can there? Ceri Evans is the first to come to mind and, should he complete his studies, Xemi too.

Back
Top Bottom