Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Good for him.
5 goals in 15 for Hereford this season is decent in a reasonable standard of football.

Positive comments from England C boss Paul Fairclough about James Roberts...

Further update on this game - another former U's youngster Robbie Cundy, scorer of 5 goals from centre-back for BAth City in conference south, was in the FA XI, managed by Paul Fairclough, so potentially another one in the spotlight........

Just watching Stags v Imps

Is it just me or does Macca look a bit of a d*ck with that haircut? Mutton as Lamb if you ask me.

I’d love to replay that day and force MApp to get it right.

Start Skarz* at LB, Marvin Johnson at LW ahead of out-of-position Joe Rothwell and bring on Sercombe earlier. Failing that, force Rob Hall to bloody well square it to Kane Hemmings at 1-2 down! I reckon we would have won that game with that formation.

I always liked Sercombe but League 1 is his upper level, I feel. He’s the sort of player to keep you at this level rather than excel out of it, so I’m surprised Pompey are chasing him.

*Incidentally the defender you don’t want to f**k with is now on loan at Halifax. Almost certainly a local move that benefits him, but he’s only 29 and surely better than Conference level?

Sercombe is hugely popular at Brizzle R

Player?/Coach @ Witney Town, just like Brendan Rogers.
Risking a woosh... big ron atkinson played for and captained headington united and oxford united was skipper during the rise from non league to old league 2 (now the championship) in 7 seasons during the 60s......tank/big ron imo was the best manager we never had!

Seriously @Eastendyellow ....do you really not know that ron atkinson played for us for the majority of his playing career? And his late brother graham is still our all time top scorer -though if Beanos 3 goals v chester are reinstated in the records that title will change

Risking a woosh... big ron atkinson played for and captained headington united and oxford united was skipper during the rise from non league to old league 2 (now the championship) in 7 seasons during the 60s......tank/big ron imo was the best manager we never had!

Seriously @Eastendyellow ....do you really not know that ron atkinson played for us for the majority of his playing career? And his late brother graham is still our all time top scorer -though if Beanos 3 goals v chester are reinstated in the records that title will change
Yes I do Sir. But did you know his first coaching job was at the famous Witney Town FC?

Back
Top Bottom