Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Loved Wes, I think he was a very canny player who didn’t suit our system at all. He’ll do well if he stays fit and has some nice balls into the box. Good luck to Alex Fisher too, what persistence!

He was still a rare recruitment error - a rare blip outside of the early days of DE and the Pep era.
MAPP was a great manager for us.
The only thing he got wrong in my view were the strikers. Taylor, Hoban, Hemmings all avetage6

The only thing he got wrong in my view were the strikers. Taylor, Hoban, Hemmings all avetage6
And Marvin Johnson... The most inconsistent player I saw under MApp and certainly not value for money.

Hoban was a calculated risk. I never thought he was bad - he just didn’t always follow the pace of the game. He was a total team player though and brought a lot out of Hylton and Roofe. He was an odd one as he was totally profilic in Ireland.

Ryan Taylor was a case of ‘don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone’. He’ll never score many but in a ball playing MApp side, he was perfect. He took some getting used to I’ll admit but I learned to appreciate what he offered.

Hemmings? Comfortably Mapp’s worst signing. Not on ability but on price paid. We were lucky to receive a three figure sum for him in the end.

Maguire scores again for Sunderland, their fans loving him on Twitter, seems he's back to how he was with us after that horror year with Bury

But I thought he was too old and over the hill and not up to the standards we wanted? I know I heard that from someone at the club. . . . . . . .
Too slow. The very thing that Mackie, among others, are being slated for at the moment. Different team, different formation. But good to see the sh*thouse get back to normal!

Back
Top Bottom