Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Jordan Bowery scores for Mansfield against that lot.

giphy.gif

Surprises me the negativity surrounding Barker. It's not like any of our other wide forwards were/are spectacularly more consistent and he was a genuinely exciting player at times. I'd have him back til end of season.
We have a finite amount of money and number of squad places - not sure he warrants using them when we have greater needs elsewhere. He could certainly be great at times.

• React
Reactions: m
Surprises me the negativity surrounding Barker. It's not like any of our other wide forwards were/are spectacularly more consistent and he was a genuinely exciting player at times. I'd have him back til end of season.
Unfortunately, I felt that when he was good he was very good, but when he wasn't directly involved on the game (i.e. he didn't have the ball!) he was a bit of a passenger. I think you can excuse wide players being inconsistent - they all seem to be - but I felt he simply didn't work hard enough and didn't offer enough in other areas (tracking back, making runs off the ball etc). I wouldn't be irritated if he came back - perhaps KR can get more out of him - but neither would I be delighted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom