Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Article in The Athletic about players switching nationalities under new rules.
"The Jamaican Football Federation are looking to take advantage of a 2020 FIFA rule change which means players can now switch countries if they have played no more than three competitive matches."

Says Kemar Roofe is on a list of players looking to get a Jamaican passport.

I remember Jamaica doing this to qualify for the 1998 World Cup - they found a bunch of English guys like Robbie Earle, Deon Burton & Fitzroy Simpson who weren't going to make it into the national team, but were good top division pros and had some Jamaican heritage.

If they really can get the likes of Antonio, Kemar, Nathan Redmond & Demarai Gray to do the same, then we should be braced for Reggae Boyz Mk.II in Qatar!

Gavin Whyte scores two goals today. I wish, wish, wish we’d got him. He’d be a fixture on our right wing and we’d have more points than we do now.
And Rob Dickie scored for QPR and Kane Hemmings scored for Burton.

Lofthouse seems to be playing in the midfield for Woking now.
He seems a pretty versatile player as he can play wide right, right back and midfield.

Max Crocombe was in goal for Melbourne Victory in their 6-0 defeat to Melbourne City.

Spasov hasn't played in the past few games. Injured I assume?
Im sure it was mentioned somewhere he’s returned to Oxford after Woking signed a couple of new strikers. They seem to be really falling down the league now.

Napa would count towards the squad cap (assuming it stays in place and doesn't go the same way as the salary cap) if he stayed with us. So can't see him being kept around.
Lopes has done very little during his loan spells away from the club and has also had injuries.
I think some of the upcoming U18s as mentioned above may well go ahead of him in the pecking order.

Sadly I suspect that both Napa and Spasov will be cut at the end of the season.
And probably Lopez as well.
GOD, Adam Smith and Goodrham are all developing nicely as strikers in the U-18s and will probably take their places.

I think Napa goes. As @captainox says above, he counts towards the salary cap. He’s such a slight player too and has had his injuries. I can see doing a Miles Welch-Hayes though and spending some time in the NL before maybe making the step up to L2 which is his ceiling.

Spasov is a maybe. He’s 20 in December so we can afford another year. However he’s a number nine and if your number nine doesn’t net you goals he’s got to have other things going for him.

Kyran Lofthouse is the exciting one for me. Quick, involved and progressing year on year. After good work at City, he seems popular at the next level up. I’d like to see him involved in our summer pre-season games.

Spasov is a maybe. He’s 20 in December so we can afford another year. However he’s a number nine and if your number nine doesn’t net you goals he’s got to have other things going for him.

Kyran Lofthouse is the exciting one for me. Quick, involved and progressing year on year. After good work at City, he seems popular at the next level up. I’d like to see him involved in our summer pre-season gagames.
Yes these youngsters have to do well at 2 levels down if they are to have any chance at L1 and above. I guess the question is, will Spasov develop a lot more to make it worth keeping him (he was clearly rated)
Lofthouse seems to be developing into a very versatile player. I think that he started as a right midfield player/ winger (,I saw him there a couple of times). Then right back and now playing at a decent level in central midfield. I agree that hopefully he will get a good in pre season first team games

Toni Martinez has just appeared on my telly as a sub for Porto in the Champions League v Juventus. Some were saying we should get him on loan for the season - ha!

Back
Top Bottom