Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

I see Alex Mowatt is generating quite a lot of interest, have to say when he was playing for us I certainly didn't see him becoming a leading Championship midfielder

I think like a lot of these higher up players when they’re good they’re very good but shocking when they’re not at it, there doesn’t seem much in-between, but perhaps that’s down to the expectancy too. In flashes I thought Mowatt showed why he was from the championship but in the main, yes, a pretty underwhelming loan spell with us.

I think like a lot of these higher up players when they’re good they’re very good but shocking when they’re not at it, there doesn’t seem much in-between, but perhaps that’s down to the expectancy too. In flashes I thought Mowatt showed why he was from the championship but in the main, yes, a pretty underwhelming loan spell with us.
He always gave me the impression he thought he was above us and didn't need to put in 100%.

I see Alex Mowatt is generating quite a lot of interest, have to say when he was playing for us I certainly didn't see him becoming a leading Championship midfielder

He'd been a leading Championship player before joining us, winning numerous awards at Leeds including young player of the year, players player of the year and fans player of the year across consecutive seasons.
The move to Barnsley for an initial 600k seemed to put a stop to his form, playing only 12 times before being loaned to us.

We got him very much at the bottom of his downward trajectory and in some ways probably got him to sort his act out, perhaps more from an attitude point of view than a playing one - his spell with us wasn't spectacular, he came across as a nearly man and did seem to swan about as if he owned the placed.

Since he has gone back he played every game in their promotion season from League One, 44 times in the Championship last season and is ever present this season.

He'd been a leading Championship player before joining us, winning numerous awards at Leeds including young player of the year, players player of the year and fans player of the year across consecutive seasons.
The move to Barnsley for an initial 600k seemed to put a stop to his form, playing only 12 times before being loaned to us.

We got him very much at the bottom of his downward trajectory and in some ways probably got him to sort his act out, perhaps more from an attitude point of view than a playing one - his spell with us wasn't spectacular, he came across as a nearly man and did seem to swan about as if he owned the placed.

Since he has gone back he played every game in their promotion season from League One, 44 times in the Championship last season and is ever present this season.
Agree, good player I thought but definitely at a low ebb when he was with us.

Might face Robbie Cundy in April:

Did we not already face him last week when he was on-loan at Cambridge?

Probably not the first time we'd've played an ex-player twice in a season for different clubs?

Back
Top Bottom