National News The BBC

I'd like to see a comedy about Hitler killing jews or something and the leaders of the Myanmar putsch singling out a minority and the Uigahrs, plenty of fun times to be had with them!!

Bring back Freddie Starr I say.

Aye.

And right-wing wokeists occur. Getting offended at every taking of the knee, every new definition of gender...

Anyone see a pattern?
I don't think right wing people get "offended" by wokeists bringing out a new gender every week, I just think they believe in science.

You're not getting this are you.

I'm not asking for articles by others giving their views of the BBC, I'm asking for members of the forum who have claimed BBC bias (either way) to post past or present BBC news reports etc with their explanation as to why they think they are biased (either way).

I don't want to be rude but is this really so difficult to understand?
I do get this... but with the greatest respect I don’t need to meet your expectations of proof (quotation marks) to know what ive read for a decade or more. I have better things to do than go searching out articles I’ve read that have had me raise my eyebrows. We are not here to serve the burden of proof on your expectations of what proof should look like. I provided you three links including from an independent arbiter of news neutrality.

im sorry that you feel the quotation marks usurps all that.

For the record I’m a political centrist with a degree in political theory and have written about this very topic.

I just responded to his comment with my opinion.
Not sure what your issue is.
"I just think they believe in science." is more than an opinion. "I just think " is an opinion, "believe in science" is an implicit assertion that "science" supports a a dogma of binary gender. It simply doesn't. We've already been around that circle, that why I said "here we go again".

I don't think right wing people get "offended" by wokeists bringing out a new gender every week, I just think they believe in science.

Weird.

You'd think it that case they might occasionally use science to back up their arguments rather than just one line denials and jingoism.

Good job we and those enlightened folk over the pond listened to the science when it came to the Covid response.

Imagine the death tolls if we hadn't [emoji848]

I do get this... but with the greatest respect I don’t need to meet your expectations of proof (quotation marks) to know what ive read for a decade or more. I have better things to do than go searching out articles I’ve read that have had me raise my eyebrows. We are not here to serve the burden of proof on your expectations of what proof should look like. I provided you three links including from an independent arbiter of news neutrality.

im sorry that you feel the quotation marks usurps all that.

For the record I’m a political centrist with a degree in political theory and have written about this very topic.
This thread is called 'Evidence of BBC bias' so if you 'have better things to do than go searching out articles I’ve read that have had me raise my eyebrows' why are you on here at all?

You have had time to search out articles by other people who believe the BBC has a left wing bias but you can't find any actual examples yourself. 🤔

This thread is called 'Evidence of BBC bias' so if you 'have better things to do than go searching out articles I’ve read that have had me raise my eyebrows' why are you on here at all?

You have had time to search out articles by other people who believe the BBC has a left wing bias but you can't find any actual examples yourself. 🤔
Good lord.

Good lord.
Absolutely! Seven pages in and still not a single example of left wing bias at the BBC.

I suggest that when you actually critically analyse it with a level head it isn't there.

Well yes.

But I submit that most of us think your 'right wing bias' examples are pretty spurious as well (and I am not exactly right wing!) so I'm not sure what the point of the thread is!

• React
Reactions: m
Well yes.

But I submit that most of us think your 'right wing bias' examples are pretty spurious as well (and I am not exactly right wing!) so I'm not sure what the point of the thread is!
All I'm asking is for those people who have claimed the BBC has a left wing bias to post evidence to support their claim. Is that really too much to ask?

All I'm asking is for those people who have claimed the BBC has a left wing bias to post evidence to support their claim. Is that really too much to ask?
Well they are talking rubbish - as are people on the other side who claim there is endemic tight wing bias. There are of course examples here or there where individual contributors have certain view on certain matters. That does not mean the BBC as an entity have some sort of deliberate bias. I suspect when some of the right wing contributors shout 'left wing bias' it is simply when the BBC is holding the government to account - as it did when we had a Labour government, and (guess what?) then it was the left leaning who shouted 'right wing bias'!

Back
Top Bottom