National News The BBC

BBC edit out the booing of Johnson. Clear bias.

Nadine Dorries says its all a press invention anyway, here she is saying the cheers were louder:
bagdad-bob.gif

Can't find this reported by the BBC yet.

Can't find it anywhere else yet either apart from on ITV News and the CER website, so once again not "BBC bias".

1654867854834.png

...and this suggests it was shared directly with ITV News.

The BBC did report this yesterday...

...so it's not as if they are ignoring the issues with the economy.

Can't find it anywhere else yet either apart from on ITV News and the CER website, so once again not "BBC bias".

View attachment 8988

...and this suggests it was shared directly with ITV News.

The BBC did report this yesterday...

...so it's not as if they are ignoring the issues with the economy.
The BBC has been very reluctant to attribute anything negative to brexit. This story has been all over twitter today, reported by ITV and discussed on LBC. There has to have been an editorial decision at the BBC to not report this today. There is no other explanation as I don't believe they are not aware of it.

The BBC has been very reluctant to attribute anything negative to brexit. This story has been all over twitter today, reported by ITV and discussed on LBC. There has to have been an editorial decision at the BBC to not report this today. There is no other explanation as I don't believe they are not aware of it.
So what other newspapers have covered it? I did search but couldn't find any. Twitter isn't a media outlet.

If it was widely reported in "mainstream" media then maybe you'd have a point.

So what other newspapers have covered it? I did search but couldn't find any. Twitter isn't a media outlet.

If it was widely reported in "mainstream" media then maybe you'd have a point.
The question you should be asking is, is this a report from a credible organisation estimating that the economy of the UK is 5% smaller than it would have been if we'd not left the EU news worthy? Given such predictions have been shouted down as project fear for years plus the other economic headwinds we are facing I would say 'very'.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Newsnight won't sidestep it tonight. At least some parts of the BBC aren't running scared from the government and its political appointed chairman.

£400k donation to the Tory party anyone?

"The research also suggests that young people trust politicians less than they trust social media influencers to tell them the truth about the news"

We're screwed....

"The research also suggests that young people trust politicians less than they trust social media influencers to tell them the truth about the news"

We're screwed....

Ha!

I guess we were screwed either way. Best just try and enjoy it I suppose.

Just going to leave this here. The telling line for me:

‘Last year he [Sir Robbie Gibb] was appointed to the BBC’s board by Boris Johnson’s government and has since influenced a series of ongoing reviews of the broadcaster’s editorial output.’

The usual greedy bloodlust from the Tories to infiltrate anything to keep their slimy hands on power.

Bunch of snakes the lot of them.

‘Last year he [Sir Robbie Gibb] was appointed to the BBC’s board by Boris Johnson’s government and has since influenced a series of ongoing reviews of the broadcaster’s editorial output.’

The usual greedy bloodlust from the Tories to infiltrate anything to keep their slimy hands on power.

I rest my case m'lord.

Bunch of gaslighting, truth twisting charlatans. Happy to lead the general public down the garden path in terms of distrusting the media and claiming it’s full of ‘lefty liberal’ h8rs, when they’re actually in charge of most of it between state-controlled board appointments and the client media mafia that run 90% of the papers.

"Reflecting on her time at the BBC, Maitlis said the corporation often slipped into a “both-sides-ism” approach to impartiality that gave a platform to individuals that did not deserve airtime.

She recalled how during the 2016 EU referendum the BBC would create a false equivalence by putting one pro-Brexit economist on air to debate with one anti-Brexit economist, even though the overwhelming majority of economists felt Brexit was a bad idea."

So this is someone who disagrees with a "both sides-ism" approach to impartiality based on her belief that certain experts don't "deserve" airtime...

Not sure she can be trusted.

"Reflecting on her time at the BBC, Maitlis said the corporation often slipped into a “both-sides-ism” approach to impartiality that gave a platform to individuals that did not deserve airtime.

She recalled how during the 2016 EU referendum the BBC would create a false equivalence by putting one pro-Brexit economist on air to debate with one anti-Brexit economist, even though the overwhelming majority of economists felt Brexit was a bad idea."

So this is someone who disagrees with a "both sides-ism" approach to impartiality based on her belief that certain experts don't "deserve" airtime...

Not sure she can be trusted.
It is a serious problem that can massively skew debate. It can give an impression of importance to marginal opinions and can directly lead to disproportionally increased support for marginal ideas not because the facts support them, but just because they get equal airtime. Examples include holocaust denial, fgm, antivax etc.

It is a serious problem that can massively skew debate. It can give an impression of importance to marginal opinions and can directly lead to disproportionally increased support for marginal ideas not because the facts support them, but just because they get equal airtime. Examples include holocaust denial, fgm, antivax etc.
I don't think a debate regarding continued membership of a political and economic bloc can be compared to holocaust denial, fgm, or even antivax beliefs.

Two of those are conspiracy theories and the other contravenes human rights and basic ethical beliefs.

Also the polling and result of the referendum suggests that pro-brexit sentiment was anything but marginal.

Flat-Earthers, you forgot the Flat-Earthers.

You're at it again Dr Goerbbels. She only 'calls them out' for complaining to the BBC however she only calls the current Tory government out for undue editorial influence on the BBC.
Because nobody at the BBC would have acted on a complaint?
Because nobody in the conversation has an agenda?
You carry on........... 🤷‍♂️

1661425986176.png

Back
Top Bottom