National News The BBC

I always thought the Normans were French? You know, the last foreigners to successfully invade Blighty? Yep, winning is important.

Vikings (Norsemen) who settled in that part of France, the French at the time didn’t consider them French but they got about as much choice in the matter as the Anglo Saxons did later on.

On the day it was happening? Think its you that needs to wise up, unless you think the French fishermen coordinated their protest to match the by election date. Clutching at straws.
The dispute was created by the very late issue of new rules that could have been pushed out anytime in the last four months. Everyone knows how French fishermen men (and fisherwomen bother, and sister) react. Johnson counters with gun boats. It was a stitch up.

The dispute was created by the very late issue of new rules that could have been pushed out anytime in the last four months. Everyone knows how French fishermen men (and fisherwomen bother, and sister) react. Johnson counters with gun boats. It was a stitch up.

You've gone all Conspiracy nut with this.

You are aware the French sent 2 vessels ( a police boat and a patrol vessel, so both armed and in the same capacity as ours) as well as us, where is your condemnation of that? Also the additional changes that were being protested came from Jersey who control the access to their waters, so again how you pin that on Boris is a bit of a stretch!

Jersey as a dependency of the UK has the right to self govern and make its own rules, but also has the right and expectation to be protected by the UK, and would rightly be a bit put out if no support was sent to them as in this case, especially as it acted as a deterrent to prevent things getting out of hand!!!

Wow !

Trying way too hard to deflect from today’s NEWS 🤔

You are aware the French sent 2 vessels ( a police boat and a patrol vessel, so both armed and in the same capacity as ours) as well as us, where is your condemnation of that? Also the additional changes that were being protested came from Jersey who control the access to their waters, so again how you pin that on Boris is a bit of a stretch!

Jersey as a dependency of the UK has the right to self govern and make its own rules, but also has the right and expectation to be protected by the UK, and would rightly be a bit put out if no support was sent to them as in this case, especially as it acted as a deterrent to prevent things getting out of hand!!!
I haven't made ANY comments or observations about the despite itself so why are you assuming my views on this? My only comment have be on the timing of the whole thing.

I haven't made ANY comments or observations about the despite itself so why are you assuming my views on this? My only comment have be on the timing of the whole thing.
Any chance you could rewrite this so I know what I am supposed to be assuming?

Dispute not despite. Hope that helps.
"Everyone knows how French fishermen men (and fisherwomen bother, and sister) react. Johnson counters with gun boats. It was a stitch up."

Above read a lot like a comment on the dispute to me, as you are assigning blame. Maybe that isn't how you meant it to be read but with the lack of balance you have shown with this whole episode hard not to!

As someone has already alluded to, the timing was governed by the actions of France.

As someone has already alluded to, the timing was governed by the actions of France.
No it was governed by the very late issue of new rules. It wasn't an 'action' it was a 'reaction'.

No it was governed by the very late issue of new rules. It wasn't an 'action' it was a 'reaction'.

Sorry, I thought someone said above that Jersey was responsible for these rules, not BJ?

Yes you are correct that I am assume the UK government has influenced this situation but I haven't yet heard an alternative explanation as to why the news rules were issued so late and at this specific time. I am not alone.

The Jersey officials are saying that the French authorities didn't pass the correct information on to the fisherman ahead of time:

Piraud said the Jersey authorities “are putting all the blame on the French state, which they are claiming did not send the right information”. The fishers’ dispute would have to be continued on dry ground and by other means, he said.

(Claude Piraud was one of the fisherman who met with Ian Gorst yesterday)

Yes you are correct that I am assume the UK government has influenced this situation but I haven't yet heard an alternative explanation as to why the news rules were issued so late and at this specific time. I am not alone.

Ah.. John Bercow,.

Poison dwart who took pleasure in spunking thousands of taxpayers ££££ on retirement parties and expensive taxi rides.

Horrible little man.

So the BBC have put that view into the public domain as well as reporting a factual event, yet you still accuse them of bias?

So the BBC have put that view into the public domain as well as reporting a factual event, yet you still accuse them of bias?
As a reminder .....
To start again...

Elsewhere on the political threads the issue of BBC bias has been raised. Some say it has a right wing bias, some a left, some think it's got it about right.

I was firmly in the 'got out about right' camp up until a year or so ago. I now think the BBC, at times, goes easy on the government and it has coincided with the government's criticism and boycotts (e.g. Newsnight) of the BBC and its threats to its funding.

To explore this I started this thread. Just to make it clear the BBC isn't Fox news so any bias, perceived or otherwise, will be subtle and nuanced.

Ah.. John Bercow,.

Poison dwart who took pleasure in spunking thousands of taxpayers ££££ on retirement parties and expensive taxi rides.

Horrible little man.
Sorry that's a red card. You never even attempted to play the ball.

Back
Top Bottom