National News The BBC

QR you are starting to sound more and more like a conspiracy theory nut on this thread, nobody and I mean nobody has remotely viewed it the same way as you, if there was even the remotest bit of credibility to your view don't you think the legal people at the BBC would of got the editors to pull it, or the civil servants who monitor this type of thing would of been in contact and asked them to remove it?
They are not my rules they are the BBC's.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this story hasn't got a Brexit backstory running all the way through it and maybe I'm wrong and Brexit isn't a controversial political matter. And maybe the last four years didn't happen. Phew!

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this story hasn't got a Brexit backstory running all the way through it and maybe I'm wrong and Brexit isn't a controversial political matter. And maybe the last four years didn't happen. Phew!
BBC guidelines for you https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/electionguidelines2021. Maybe you could elaborate on where a story about naval crafts going out to keep an eye on a protest at a UK dependency breaks these?

You ARE wrong. Brexit isn't a controversial political matter now, it is a fact. We have left the European Union. People may have opinions on whether or not that is a good thing but simply reporting on a political fact indicates zero bias.

If you want to have an undying support for a largely undemocratic political project that no one ever voted to be in, be my guest. However, getting your knickers in a twist because the BBC are reporting a factual story related to it is beyond bonkers.

I mean that's obvious by the fact the majority of it is a crime-ridden hellhole, where the mayor is more worried about pronouns and microaggressions by people getting stabbed to death on the streets in broad daylight regularly.

Most of the "Tories" I know aren't really Tories, they're just normal working people, many of whom used to vote Labour, who are sick of being looked down upon and sneered at by the liberal media and Labour. Most of us think this country is a very tolerant place and we're not ashamed of its history, so basically we are scum.

So...hang on a minute....which media are you being looked down on by in particular [emoji848]
And do you have the evidence to back up that Labour are looking down on you. Or is that just a perception peddled by the right- leaning media?

Last edited:
I say...

You say...

You've somewhat missed the point.

Your favourite reply again.

Seeing things differently is not "missing the point".

The French got all angsty as they often do, we send a couple of RN boats to observe and the French surrender as they often do. Simple.

Nowt political about the coverage, but its a sad reflection on the state of the world when this sort of thing starts happening.

I think of it like two kids, France and Jersey, playing in the yard.
"You're a meanie" says France, "I'm not giving you any sweets (electricity)"
"Fine" says Jersey, "I'm telling mummy (England)"

Jersey's mum comes outside with a stern look on her face (some battleships). France suddenly gives Jersey all his sweets. Funny that.

Protest completed, French fishermen go back to earning a living. Not everything is about winning or losing.

Its the cheese eating surrender monkeys.......

Waterloo.
Trafalgar.
Agincourt.
Crecy.
Slueys.
Poitiers.
Blenheim.
Ramilies.
Seven Years` War.

The list is long ...... and they hate us for it.

Winning is important. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Its the cheese eating surrender monkeys.......

Waterloo.
Trafalgar.
Agincourt.
Crecy.
Slueys.
Poitiers.
Blenheim.
Ramilies.
Seven Years` War.

The list is long ...... and they hate us for it.

Winning is important. 🇬🇧🇬🇧
I always thought the Normans were French? You know, the last foreigners to successfully invade Blighty? Yep, winning is important.

So...hang on a minute....which media are you being looked down on by in particular [emoji848]
And do you have the evidence to back up that Labour are looking down on you. Or is that just a perception peddled by the right- leaning media?
SD, you need to remember that this shameless name caller is waiting for a new news station to come along because he believes It will reflect his own right wing views, not because it will look to be impartial or balanced. Andrew Neil fighting the ‘liberal elite’ is an interesting one, not least of all because he has long been part of the London based media elite. I have a suspicion that GB News will not have the mass audience defection from the BBC the likes of WY predict.

I always thought the Normans were French? You know, the last foreigners to successfully invade Blighty? Yep, winning is important.

The invading force came from Normandy however they, in turn, trace their origins back to Scandanavia.

The world has always been a melting pot of nations and identity, of course it was a far better place when more of the globe was pink. 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The world has always been a melting pot of nations and identity, of course it was a far better place when more of the globe was pink. 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Let's not start raising this faux-liberal melting pot nonsense! I am a TRUE BRIT, white as the driven snow and unpolluted by cross-breeding for centuries. Well, certainly as far back as the late 19th century. Family history is, admittedly, a little vague before that, but I'm sure my grandad would have told me if I was foreign.

SD, you need to remember that this shameless name caller is waiting for a new news station to come along because he believes It will reflect his own right wing views, not because it will look to be impartial or balanced. Andrew Neil fighting the ‘liberal elite’ is an interesting one, not least of all because he has long been part of the London based media elite. I have a suspicion that GB News will not have the mass audience defection from the BBC the likes of WY predict.
I'm sure it will have a huge Mardi Gras fanfare of a launch, but will then turn out to be as appealing as a rainswept village fete in Little Shitterton

And it just happened to be news yesterday? Wise up.

Yes, it was news yesterday as it happened yesterday. Do you genuinely think the Normandy fishing fleet thought lets wait until it is the UK local elections and protest then so that the BBC have to break their own rules according to some person on an Oxford United forum?

And it just happened to be news yesterday? Wise up.
On the day it was happening? Think its you that needs to wise up, unless you think the French fishermen coordinated their protest to match the by election date. Clutching at straws.

Back
Top Bottom