National News The BBC

One has five arrests the other has 29. I'll let you guess which protest the Beeb labels as "largely peaceful"
It depends on how many people were there doesn't it?

The lockdown protest was larger...
The BBC were reporting the chairman of the Met Police. Seems like a sound source.

Ken Marsh, chairman of the Met Police Federation, said: "Peaceful protest may well be the cornerstone of democracy - and police officers have a role in facilitating that - but the scenes we saw in Hyde Park yesterday of brave and sadly bloodied police officers coming under attack from thugs were anything but peaceful.

And all this because if George Floyd, ok I understand why this is happening but for crying out loud we seem to be the only country.

as an activist said

Ms Ahmed, who was not at Downing Street during the disturbance, said a "lot of people" she spoke to "feared for their lives when they saw police horses".

What a load of complete utter B*****s we’ve had police horses for years that have been used to control large crowds.
it seems it was just an excuse for some twats to go looking for aggro, surely these protesters must be aware organising these type protests will bring out idiots.

And all this because if George Floyd, ok I understand why this is happening but for crying out loud we seem to be the only country.

as an activist said

Ms Ahmed, who was not at Downing Street during the disturbance, said a "lot of people" she spoke to "feared for their lives when they saw police horses".

What a load of complete utter B*****s we’ve had police horses for years that have been used to control large crowds.
it seems it was just an excuse for some twats to go looking for aggro, surely these protesters must be aware organising these type protests will bring out idiots.
Two protests, one anti racism (something many footballs are on the receiving end of everyday), the other anti lockdown (an action that has saved thousands of lives) and you criticise the first?

Two protests, one anti racism (something many footballs are on the receiving end of everyday), the other anti lockdown (an action that has saved thousands of lives) and you criticise the first?
I criticise the idiots who used at as an excuse to go Bobby bashing

The BBC were reporting the chairman of the Met Police. Seems like a sound source.

Ken Marsh, chairman of the Met Police Federation, said: "Peaceful protest may well be the cornerstone of democracy - and police officers have a role in facilitating that - but the scenes we saw in Hyde Park yesterday of brave and sadly bloodied police officers coming under attack from thugs were anything but peaceful.
Many more arrests and police injuries at the Floyd protest though, why was that "largely peaceful" but the lockdown protest wasn't?

I'm sensing an agenda here QR

I expect them to be reported accurately and fairly by the national broadcaster.

Furthermore QR, you can have a protest for anything. If you want to have a protest against animal cruelty but you use it as an excuse to vandalise monuments and fight police it is absolutely fair to criticise the protestors even if you have no problem with the cause.

The George Floyd protest attracted the Antifa groups who used it as an opportunity for violence and disorder and to promote left-leaning causes.

That doesn't mean those who organise the protests are at fault though.

You would want football banned even though it will always "bring out idiots".

I criticise the idiots who used at as an excuse to go Bobby bashing
I agree absolute idiots. The vast majority of protests seem to include a small numbers of idiots (e.g Old Trafford yesterday) I just didn't know why you felt the need to highlight the BLM idiots but not the anti lockdown idiots.

Many more arrests and police injuries at the Floyd protest though, why was that "largely peaceful" but the lockdown protest wasn't?

I'm sensing an agenda here QR
Because the BBC comment was about protests plural not only the London one (about which they report the violence).

Furthermore QR, you can have a protest for anything. If you want to have a protest against animal cruelty but you use it as an excuse to vandalise monuments and fight police it is absolutely fair to criticise the protestors even if you have no problem with the cause.
Where have I said it isn't?

Where have I said it isn't?
"Two protests, one anti racism (something many footballs are on the receiving end of everyday), the other anti lockdown (an action that has saved thousands of lives) and you criticise the first?"

As a side note QR, if you really do believe the BBC has a right-leaning bias (lol) you can legally cancel your license fee as many right-of-centre people have done. The centre-right are also creating their own channel (GB News) going live soon. If you don't like BBC content you don't have to consume it, there's only one BBC programme I watch and that isn't even on at the moment. Aside from occasionally browsing BBC News or Sport out of boredom I've almost entirely cut the BBC out of my life. You could easily do so if it annoys you.

Or you can catch some of their fantastic non-divisive shows. I've seen they have recently released such classics such as: "Is Uni Racist?" "is the church racist? "is covid racist?" "are park benches racist?".

"Two protests, one anti racism (something many footballs are on the receiving end of everyday), the other anti lockdown (an action that has saved thousands of lives) and you criticise the first?"
Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would see I was contrasting criticising one and not the other and not criticism per se.
If you don't like BBC content
Where have I said this? I said....
Elsewhere on the political threads the issue of BBC bias has been raised. Some say it has a right wing bias, some a left, some think it's got it about right.

I was firmly in the 'got out about right' camp up until a year or so ago. I now think the BBC, at times, goes easy on the government and it has coincided with the government's criticism and boycotts (e.g. Newsnight) of the BBC and its threats to its funding.

To explore this I started this thread. Just to make it clear the BBC isn't Fox news so any bias, perceived or otherwise, will be subtle and nuanced.

Back
Top Bottom