National News The BBC

QR

I'll start.

Right wing bias.

Why is "unlawfully" in inverted commas when it's a fact?

20210221_133630.jpg

He's not resigning anyway, they've no fear of anyone I'm afraid. What a pile of shite we've been lumbered with!

Last edited:
People think the BBC’s biased simply because they don’t support their views.
What they’re failing to realise is they’re not supporting any view.
I once thought that but I'm no so sure now. It seems in the past year or so that it has started to 'go easier' on those that ultimately control its future.

Anyway, let's see what 'evidence' posters come up with.

People think the BBC’s biased simply because they don’t support their views.
What they’re failing to realise is they’re not supporting any view.
Agreed. I think people's perceptions have been further skewed because it is so easy to get into 'echo chamber' social media where you interact with people who have similar views to you - no matter how odd those might be - so it's a bit of a shock when people have to face what are largely well researched and sometimes inconvenient 'facts' (if anyone remembers what those are any more!).

Agreed. I think people's perceptions have been further skewed because it is so easy to get into 'echo chamber' social media where you interact with people who have similar views to you - no matter how odd those might be - so it's a bit of a shock when people have to face what are largely well researched and sometimes inconvenient 'facts' (if anyone remembers what those are any more!).

A place @QR knows only too well.

MH on Andrew Marr this morning basically said "The paperwork was 2 weeks late which was better than people dying".

Shame he was right and the facts are inconvenient.
:D

Well there you go - they are quoting what the High Court has ruled. It's not the same thing at all as putting quote marks around things to imply you don't believe them.

Well there you go - they are quoting what the High Court has ruled. It's not the same thing at all as putting quote marks around things to imply you don't believe them.
You quote someone when you are putting distance between you and them as you are unsure if what they are saying is true. This is a fact. Also, if that is so why do later news reports not include the quotation marks?

Handcock lies and an emaciated BBC doesn't challenge him. @Essexyellows swallows Hancock's lies and round we go again.

Those good old EU OJEU "rules"..........

"The opportunity was not advertised, because for example only one supplier is capable of delivering the requirement, or due to extreme urgency brought about by unforeseen events."

Hurrah for the EU...... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You quote someone when you are putting distance between you and them as you are unsure if what they are saying is true. This is a fact. Also, if that is so why do later news reports not include the quotation marks?
You can do. But you also put quotation marks around phrases when you are simply quoting them, hence their name! It's a bit odd to presume that the BBC are doing the former, without seeming to consider that they are using them in the more normal way!

A place @QR knows only too well.

MH on Andrew Marr this morning basically said "The paperwork was 2 weeks late which was better than people dying".

Shame he was right and the facts are inconvenient.
:D

MH's excuse is horseshit, the contracts were already written so it wouldn't have taken 5 mins to make it available.

Back
Top Bottom