Everton Under-23 Coach David Unsworth wanted by the Oxford United.

RO have said this morning that they expect DE to repeat the same process as last time with a shortlist drawn up and a full interview process. Apart from Faz, Unsworth and possibly Upson ( although he was interviewed back in the summer so is it really necessary again?) are there many other likely and suitable candidates out there that people can think of? Looking at the bookies lists they seem few and far between..

RO have said this morning that they expect DE to repeat the same process as last time with a shortlist drawn up and a full interview process. Apart from Faz, Unsworth and possibly Upson ( although he was interviewed back in the summer so is it really necessary again?) are there many other likely and suitable candidates out there that people can think of? Looking at the bookies lists they seem few and far between..
Judging on past experience, the successful candidate will probably be someone that many have never heard of. I remember hearing that chairmen get something like 50 to 100 applications sent in when a vacancy arises. There are a LOT of people who would want the Oxford job.

Get on the phone to Paul Tisdale talk to him, and even Nathan Jones at Luton. Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury. How about young Darryl Clarke at Bristol Rovers. Working his way up the leagues.

Get on the phone to Paul Tisdale talk to him, and even Nathan Jones at Luton. Paul Hurst at Shrewsbury. How about young Darryl Clarke at Bristol Rovers. Working his way up the leagues.
I suppose it all depends on whether we’re going to persist with our unusual stance of not considering employed managers..

We can afford compensation. Just putting names out there, that are worth considering.

Wouldn’t it be nice to derail Luton’s campaign?

We can afford compensation. Just putting names out there, that are worth considering.

Wouldn’t it be nice to derail Luton’s campaign?
How about the Accrington lad. He seems to have worked miracles on a shoe string budget. Does he play hoofball or a passing game. Cannot rmember.

If previous form is to go by, then we will appointing someone who is currently a coach/has experience of bringing through youngsters.

Whats the point in our recruitment team if we dont have the coaching background to help them realise their potential?

Im on the fence re: Unsworth. Undoubtedly needs to drop down the leagues if he has aspirations of managing

I'd be surprised if Tisdale leaves Exeter anytime soon considering it seems to be his personal mission to develop the club. They are moving towards or may even now have Category 2 Academy status.

Don't know what Nathan Jones is like developing young players.

Paul Hurst won't leave Shrewsbury this season, nor should he in their present situation.

As for Darryl Clarke, I would support him but don't really want him. I don't think he is particularly good at developing young players.

[QUOTE="Leysboy, post: 19167, member: 31" Wouldn’t it be nice to derail Luton’s campaign?[/QUOTE]

Not really, if it only benefits the South-West Townships.

Can’t see Nathan Jones wanting to leave. Already at a club arguably slightly bigger than ours who look nailed on for promotion.

Yes, it’s not certain that they will finish in the top 3 but he must be pretty confident and I wouldn’t be surprised if Luton have aspirations of going up again soon.

All guesswork in my part however.

Not a chance of Nathan Jones. Nailed on for promotion and pissing money about left right and centre, which he wouldnt get here.

Can’t see Nathan Jones wanting to leave. Already at a club arguably slightly bigger than ours who look nailed on for promotion.

Yes, it’s not certain that they will finish in the top 3 but he must be pretty confident and I wouldn’t be surprised if Luton have aspirations of going up again soon.

All guesswork in my part however.
They had aspirations of pishing the conference and didn't

I rather have someone like Tisdale who has proven league experience of developing youth he looked to be a serious candidate and wanted to come here before IL went and chose waddock.

I rather have someone like Tisdale who has proven league experience of developing youth he looked to be a serious candidate and wanted to come here before IL went and chose waddock.
Tisdale would be a good choice but it would take a crowbar to prise him out of there now. He’s pretty much running the show from top to bottom. He went through a spell when he wasn’t very popular about the same time as Waddock was brought in. I’m not sure how the Exeter fans perceive him now but I’d be surprised if his stock hasn’t risen again over the last couple of years

Back
Top Bottom