Everton Under-23 Coach David Unsworth wanted by the Oxford United.

Well if this is true and there is any mileage in it (about 170 miles ?) then we could have ourselves a very good boss.

Seems to me all that’s happened is we’ve approached Everton for permission to speak to Unsworth. Presumably we’ve targeted 2 or 3 to interview so it looks like interviews will take place next week.

Signing a manager like Unsworth would be a massive statement of what it means to be Oxford United. Young British talent. Decent football, not overly dainty, not overly physical.

He'd be my choice.

A decent option, much better than Lampard off Ince. Although Grayson I feel would be better.

I take it you didn’t read the first post in the thread?...

I did actually, I just thought I would post a link to the OUFC story rather than the homepage of the Everton news page or whatever it was. Clicked on the original link and was a bit confused (for a little while).

Very interesting interview with Phil McNulty, who's very positive about Unsworth. Can we lure him away from Everton?

Very interesting interview with Phil McNulty, who's very positive about Unsworth. Can we lure him away from Everton?
Listened in as well, especially liked the way Unsworth was given a standing ovation for his final match versus WHU, helped by the Toffees winning 4-0 no doubt, none the less he's obviously appreciated.

Still think there’s a long way to go before a new manager is announced

Sky sources: @OUFCOfficial have been given permission by @Everton to speak to U23s boss David Unsworth about their vacant managerial position. #SSN

I’d be happy with him. Can’t believe Owen Coyle is linked

Back
Top Bottom