Everton Under-23 Coach David Unsworth wanted by the Oxford United.

This may be the piece of the jigsaw needed to complete the Faz, Allen team. All good with young talent, defensive and attacking strengths and able to work with each other. (add in Brown's input as well)
Unsworth may be just what we need. (and don't discount his contacts and sources for more talent!)

The way things are looking at Everton, we may need to hurry up and offer him the job here if we want him before he gets another go at their first team. Big Sam not well liked over there

Has he been on a diet, otherwise I doubt any of our training gear may not fit him?

Last edited:
The way things are looking at Everton, we may need to hurry up and offer him the job here if we want him before he gets another go at their first team. Big Sam not well liked over there

Doubt they would ever give it him permanently.

Mirror claim we're set to confirm Unsworth

• React
Reactions: Ian
An Everton ST holder mate of mine gave his view re the possibility of Unsworth taking the OUFC hotseat ....

he was brilliant as our under 23 manager and was unstoppable as they went in to win that league and has done well with them but never was able to handle the top job as full manager for us a tough task though for anyone but you never know he might be ok for you and I'm not being disrespectful to Oxford but being in a lower league might be good for him

An Everton ST holder mate of mine gave his view re the possibility of Unsworth taking the OUFC hotseat ....

he was brilliant as our under 23 manager and was unstoppable as they went in to win that league and has done well with them but never was able to handle the top job as full manager for us a tough task though for anyone but you never know he might be ok for you and I'm not being disrespectful to Oxford but being in a lower league might be good for him
To be fair to him Big Sam isn’t exactly doing any better there. I think it just shows what a sorry mess he inherited. He was never going to get time to turn things round

To be fair to him Big Sam isn’t exactly doing any better there. I think it just shows what a sorry mess he inherited. He was never going to get time to turn things round

Also says a lot that some of Everton’s better players at the min are ones that unsworth has developed, rather than the millions spent on others

Bradford have just sacked McCall so there after someone too. Might need to press on here, or miss out on a good manager.

Bradford have just sacked McCall so there after someone too. Might need to press on here, or miss out on a good manager.
I can’t see Bradford going for someone like Unsworth, think they’re look for more experience - I’ve a feeling the Cowley’s might end up there - but you never know.

I can just hear it now:

“Sorry Darryl, we’ve just had Mr Unsworth on the phone. Better cancel the press conference for this afternoon, he’s just asked for a couple of extra days to think about it..”

I can’t see Bradford going for someone like Unsworth, think they’re look for more experience - I’ve a feeling the Cowley’s might end up there - but you never know.

I can just hear it now:

“Sorry Darryl, we’ve just had Mr Unsworth on the phone. Better cancel the press conference for this afternoon, he’s just asked for a couple of extra days to think about it..”

I'd be surprised if Bradford are willing to spend the cash needed for the Cowleys as I think they have just signed new contracts at Lincoln. That assumes Lincoln would agree and the Cowleys want to move at this time.

I'm not sure about Bradford, but it looks like Grayson may well end up back at Leeds. I imagine he would want to manage in the Championship.

If we were able to get Unsworth, and I hope we do, would we be able to offer him a sufficiently lucrative package to leave Goodison. Admittedly he wants to further his career, but he may be on good money already. A tricky one, this. Then there is the relocation and all that that involves.

I guess the club would sell it to him as a chance to make a reputation for himself away from Everton and if he takes a pay cut, if he does well, long term he will gain far more.

Back
Top Bottom