Everton Under-23 Coach David Unsworth wanted by the Oxford United.

There are more factors that candidates would consider before accepting the job. It has to be financially attractive, with a decent length contract.
Also some managers work closely with an assistant manager at different clubs, and wouldn’t fancy working alone with existing staff.
Did we cover these base, to attract him here?
Maybe his eyes have turned elsewhere by a better offer.
And it has to be in, in modern football parlance, a 'good chairman'. Fergie has laid that down as a pre-requisite for ambitious young managers.
Not convinced that Ashton, Appleton and Pep will be giving strong positive background references within the game, I'm afraid.

And it has to be in, in modern football parlance, a 'good chairman'. Fergie has laid that down as a pre-requisite for ambitious young managers.
Not convinced that Ashton, Appleton and Pep will be giving strong positive background references within the game, I'm afraid.

Why not?

I am sure I have seen an interview Appleton gave, since he left, where he praised the chairman.

Sorry but I don't see it that way at all. Firstly who looking for work would go to the man just sacked for advice? 'Hi, Pep, I don't know you but I'm thinking about taking your old job, can you recommend the chairman for me?' Of course it didn't work out.....he was sacked. Let's say they did, what would Pep have to complain about? He was given a free hand and funds enough to squander on some poor choices. The circumstances of Mapp's departure made it a difficult transfer window for brining in young talent but the way he set up what he did bring in was poor. He had to go. What would Pep say other than 'it didn't work out'?

As for Appleton again, what would he say? He was backed well enough to get us promoted and to get a foothold ready for the next push. He left to further his career with recent Premiership champions and working with an old mate. As far as I have read he has only said good things about the club and chairman since he left.

As for Ashton the water is a little murkier and who knows what he might say but to assume that young, untested managers are cherry picking jobs based on a detailed vetting of every member that has left the club in the last three years is a little fanciful. Apart from the highest of profile (Lampard/Giggs perhaps?) I think most are fighting over the very few jobs around and unless they are firmly imbedded with a bigger club and are highly rated there, they are desperate to get to work and only a complete basket case of a club/chairman would put them off.

For what it's worth I think we are still a very attractive prospect for most managers at our level.

There are more factors that candidates would consider before accepting the job. It has to be financially attractive, with a decent length contract.
Also some managers work closely with an assistant manager at different clubs, and wouldn’t fancy working alone with existing staff.
Did we cover these base, to attract him here?
Maybe his eyes have turned elsewhere by a better offer.

Eat, sleep, s**t stir, repeat.

Funny how branagans dad has said it was mapp’s influence that got him to come to Oufc, when mapp is giving out such bad references about the club.

You do make yourself look a bit stupid at times, with your supposed Superior football knowledge.
Whether your assumption on their views by the 3 individuals on the club is right or wrong, step back and clear the fog of bitterness from inside your head.
Who has sanctioned the players that have come from Everton, this same avenue of communication might have led Unsworth to come and talk to people at the club.
We have just picked up 4 young players from other teams in this transfer window, would of they come to this car crash of a club in the picture you keep trying to paint.

Back
Top Bottom