Other European European Super League one step closer?

I agree with this, the big clubs will go eventually so make them go now, sooner the better. It will be hard for the rest of football in the short term but we will get English football back in the long term. Eventually most of those English clubs who leave will leave this country anyway, why have 3 London teams when you can move one to Shanghai? So I would bet that in twenty years the clubs who stay behind will be in a better state than Tottenham.
Maybe it means that West Ham will eventually amount to something

A rumour going around that a big player in this is some fella called Blavatnik who is the money man behind Dazn which is like the sports version of Netflix, they have been promised the rights to games. Blavatnik has also pumped money into Oxford university with buildings and his own school named after himself.

I am going to put two and two together and get 57 here, we are one of the unnamed clubs, f**k everything I have said previously, f**k all the little clubs, f**k Gary Neville because European super league here we come. Hoping for Real Madrid away up first next season, get the real sunny weather then plus make a week of it in Benidorm.

The Premier League have released a statement...

The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition. The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, government, Uefa, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue. The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people.

## ##

The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal.

The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition. The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those shareholders involved to account under its rules.

The League will continue to work with key stakeholders including fan groups, government, Uefa, The FA, EFL, PFA and LMA to protect the best interests of the game and call on those clubs involved in the proposed competition to cease their involvement immediately.

The Premier League would like to thank fans and all stakeholders for the support they have shown this week on this significant issue. The reaction proves just how much our open pyramid and football community means to people.

## ##
That's fine but how about the Premier League going 1 step further and return to the football League redistribute the money equally among the 92 clubs and show genuine fans that they really do care rather than coming across as missing out on their slice of the cake, after all they started the process that finds us where we are today

## ##
The premier league is shocked and stunned by all this because they've found out there is someone greedier than them.

Last edited:
According to the president of some obscure debt ridden Spanish club , it will offer high quality football which obviously doesn’t exist at the moment, , football so pure and wonderful all the fans will chanting “ it’s just like watching Oxford “ across Europe, sales of Sam long football shirts will become the fashion item of the new fans of the future

Whilst holders of the true spirit of real football will argue the importance of a)new ground b) have we signed any one yet and c) the demise of Swindon whilst showing complete indifference to the new European tournament which replaces the papa John thing as ESL clubs try to enter their under 15 teams in a brave but foolhardy attempt to win something and to remind us that they still exist.... I have just heard that Johnstone paints will be the new sponsors as watching the paint dry will become a European wide term of excitement

I like the way the Real President says that young people aren't watching games because they are too long, so maybe games should be shorter.

Maybe they're not watching because it's too expensive, so they should make watching games cheaper?

There was an OUFC fan ‘James‘ on 5 live last night in support of it saying how he looks forward to watching Liverpool v Real Madrid each week - t**t

I will narrow it down, it wasn't me. Must of been another James. 😜

I like the way the Real President says that young people aren't watching games because they are too long, so maybe games should be shorter.

Maybe they're not watching because it's too expensive, so they should make watching games cheaper?
Maybe it's because they can't beat teams like Getafe?

Young people aren't watching games because they are too long? Any evidence for this? Obvs young people struggle to do anything that doesn't involve looking at their phones the whole time, but I don't think creating a new league would fix that. Maybe they want to create the football equivalent of 20/20 - that would irk the purists! We'd all enjoy ignoring that.

As a representative of the "young people" I can confirm we are physically incapable of going 90 minutes doing one thing without literally imploding. It's a tragic mutation that came out of nowhere in the 90s. It's definitely nothing to do with the fact the average price of a top flight ticket for one game is an entire days wage, and that most young people are stuck in retail and customer service jobs that require weekend work, the housing market is ridiculous now so we have to save significantly more to get onto the ladder, and in general the cost of living is higher than it was so we have to choose between essentials and luxuries, meaning football matches become an every now and again thing not a regular thing. It's definitely the mutation thing.

For those with youth on their side and that don`t remember that football existed before the Premier League, the "threat" then was for 20 or so clubs to breakaway from the "old" league structure to chase the SKY TV money. The Premier League has worked for them and paid handsomely for almost 30 years.
Now there is a new "threat" but only 6 clubs wanting to leave the English structure.
Let them go, play hard ball.
Promote an 6 additional clubs through the leagues based on league position, so decided on the pitch.
Relegate clubs based on league position so decided on the pitch.

Then wait 30 years for the launch of the World Super League............................

Back
Top Bottom