Other European European Super League one step closer?

The ESL chairman has said that no clubs can leave the ESL as they have signed contracts?

Because contracts in football really mean a lot.

Also, if Real Madrid etc don't leave the ESL then UEFA should kick them out of the Champions Lg as they'll still be members of a rival non UEFA/FIFA competition.

To quote Gary Neville 'I hope they all end up eating each other'. The inevitable legal battle is an ESL competition that I will watch with interest!

Only one winner in this legal battle though, Real Madrid who are £900 million in debt or an oil and gas rich state with wealth estimated at £500 billion, I have a feeling that Madrid will back down a little bit before the organisation that can afford to fight this battle for a laugh with cash they find down the back of the sofa. There is no political backing for the ESL from any country or big sporting organisation so no non financial stick to beat the other clubs with, its essentially a piece of paper saying you will join a league that doesn’t exist.

This is the equivalent of the pub hard man taking on the UFC heavyweight champion in a car park in the hope that he lands a lucky shot, when it’s much much much more likely he ends up in ambulance with a lot of broken bones.

Haha what a great con by those staying, hope the fines are £500m, looks to be $360m each? G Neville said he hopes the fines for leaving are huge.
Ha, no one will pay a fine, but they will pay a comparable sum to lawyers! And meanwhile have to play each other in the boring Champions League

meanwhile 8000 fans alowed in Wembley stadium to watch former ESL clubs play in the league cup final

however ... the FA Trophy and FA Vase finals ( early May) will be played behind closed doors .... at Wembley stadium :oops: :mad:

meanwhile 8000 fans alowed in Wembley stadium to watch former ESL clubs play in the league cup final

however ... the FA Trophy and FA Vase finals ( early May) will be played behind closed doors .... at Wembley stadium :oops: :mad:

4,000 local residents and 2k from each team. All part of the test event scheme.

Yes that was a bit odd. However, I watched some of it and having even just that amount of fans in made a huge difference to the atmosphere.* Next season hopefully we will all be back. - I cannot wait.

*(What I saw was a bit pants though - attack who couldn't score against defence with little intention of going forward!)

Suggested punishment for the 6 teams ....
Next season when these teams play each other in the premier league there are no points allocated to the game wrt the premier league, but the points are allocated to their own little "memorandum" super league. They can chose themselves what the winners gain.
So they do not gain any points from these 10 games in the premier league, hence have no chance of winning the premier league or qualifying for Europe but have their own mini-league whilst playing in the premier league.

Suggested punishment for the 6 teams ....
Next season when these teams play each other in the premier league there are no points allocated to the game wrt the premier league, but the points are allocated to their own little "memorandum" super league. They can chose themselves what the winners gain.
So they do not gain any points from these 10 games in the premier league, hence have no chance of winning the premier league or qualifying for Europe but have their own mini-league whilst playing in the premier league.

And they have to play in their pants and vests.

4,000 local residents and 2k from each team. All part of the test event scheme.
...if they did the same for the FA Trophy & FA Vase ( and continued the test event scheme) ALL the supporters of the respective non league sides in the two finals would get to see their team play in a Wembley final ... one rule for the so called Elite etc?

...if they did the same for the FA Trophy & FA Vase ( and continued the test event scheme) ALL the supporters of the respective non league sides in the two finals would get to see their team play in a Wembley final ... one rule for the so called Elite etc?
I agree.
I cant see why they wouldn't have these 2 as test events.
An 8000 capacity would at least mean that as you say all of the supporters (in most cases) would be able to see the game.

Is it to do with limiting travel? Were the 4,000 fans rather than residents that attended yesterday selected as they happen to live close to Wembley? I don't know if they were but just wondering? Not sure there would be enough specific non-league team supporting fans in the Brent area to make it worthwhile for the Vase/Trophy finals if that is the rule!

Is it to do with limiting travel? Were the 4,000 fans rather than residents that attended yesterday selected as they happen to live close to Wembley? I don't know if they were but just wondering? Not sure there would be enough specific non-league team supporting fans in the Brent area to make it worthwhile for the Vase/Trophy finals if that is the rule!

Half of the allowed crowd were local residents whilst half was split between the 2 teams and travelled to the game according to the commentary. The local residents were in a different part of the stadium to those that travelled down.

Half of the allowed crowd were local residents whilst half was split between the 2 teams and travelled to the game according to the commentary. The local residents were in a different part of the stadium to those that travelled down.
Fair enough - bang goes my theory.

Back
Top Bottom