Other European Euro 96

I'd give that one a miss, we were bloody awful in the opener...

I'd give that one a miss, we were bloody awful in the opener...

The opening ceremony though, it was fantastically awful. And the P**s take out of Mick Hucknall (?) singing the official song was beautiful to behold to the point (my memory could be wrong) that they turned the volume up on the tannoy system.

Mate nearly got lamped at that game by Spuds fan as he got mistaken for another mate giving Teddy Sheringham dog's abuse for a poor piece of play. We ended up nattering to them for the rest of the game after though.

Scotland game was awesome, crowd surfing across the bucket seats, another Spuds fan we got to know stuck on the ground after slipping in said crowd surfing after Seaman's penalty save so missing Gazza's goal. Surprisingly good atmosphere between the Scots and English fans from my experience.

And then the Dutch game, we were just superb that day, a team performance. The best English performance I saw live. Sat by a load Dutch fans near their official section and when they scored it was amusing celebrating with them as it knocked Scotland out. I think most of the stadium celebrated the Dutch goal.

Football in the car park before the games with random people just joining in. Mate in a Mini Cooper doing laps of the Wycombe M40 roundabout to let another go by in a decrepit MG Metro so we could give them V signs as we passed them. And many more.

Brilliant that we could tickets through the club then. Annoyed me that I couldn't go to the Spain game because of work.

***Not veiled at all willy waving that I was at these games***

today’s games

Spain v Bulgaria - 1pm - ITV Hub
Germany v Czech Republic - 4pm - ITV Hub
Denmark v Portugal - 7pm - ITV Hub

today’s football fix

Scotland v Netherlands - 3pm - ITV Hub
France v Romania - 7pm - ITV Hub

Have I missed the England-Scotland game or if not when is it on?

Likewise, the England-Dutch game?

England v Spain quarter final just about to kick off - itv4

the Holland match the other night was a surprise. i knew we won it but couldn’t remember it being 4-1 and was actually a good game

another disallowed goal ?

edit. just showed replay and that one wasn’t offside

another disallowed goal ?

edit. just showed replay and that one wasn’t offside
maybe the football authorities should introduce some technology 20 + years on ..... ooh, perhaps they shouldnt after all, it may be a step to var :oops: :rolleyes:

the Holland match the other night was a surprise. i knew we won it but couldn’t remember it being 4-1 and was actually a good game
Wasn’t that the time that if we’d won 4-0 then Scotland would have had a chance of going through? By conceding the goal we dashed their hopes.

Wasn’t that the time that if we’d won 4-0 then Scotland would have had a chance of going through? By conceding the goal we dashed their hopes.

Yes, hence we were celebrating the Dutch goal along with a lot of other England supporters.

Back
Top Bottom