European Championships Euro 2028

[UEFA] confirmed interest in 2028 from the UK and Ireland, Russia and Turkey, while Russia, Turkey and Italy have expressed interest in hosting the 2032 tournament.

I reckon UEFA will definitely want to give one of the Euros to Turkey. They've never sent the Euros to that part of the continent, and you certainly can't argue that the Turkish fans lack passion!

And even UEFA won't touch Russia with a bargepole any time soon.

So it may come down to UK & Ireland vs. Italy in their thinking. Which could be a problem, as by 2032, Italy won't have hosted a major tourney for more than 40 years. Whilst they can point and say that we got the final just last year........

Euro`s in Turkey would be the definition of carnage.

Credit where it is due though there are some truly stunning stadiums in Turkey though and yes the fans are certainly "passionate".

Was over there when Besiktas`s new ground was being built, not far from Taksim Square.
If we get something like that I`ll be chuffed! :)
image-2.jpg

Was over there when Besiktas`s new ground was being built, not far from Taksim Square.
If we get something like that I`ll be chuffed! :)
image-2.jpg

Great ground. The old stock exchange is just along there on the right and my Turkish agent's office was just up the hill from the ground.

I think our owners would be showing real ambition if they relocated Dolmabahce Palace to Stratfield Brake.

Great ground. The old stock exchange is just along there on the right and my Turkish agent's office was just up the hill from the ground.

I think our owners would be showing real ambition if they relocated Dolmabahce Palace to Stratfield Brake.

Might be a challenge to incorporate the Bosphorous into the view, and I think the Kidlington residents might really kick up about a large mosque as well. :)

Might be a challenge to incorporate the Bosphorous into the view, and I think the Kidlington residents might really kick up about a large mosque as well. :)
Well they changed the squire basset to the Gurkha Village, so you’ve no idea what oriental cultural influences the KDW might support.

Blimey. Hell of a swim for a beef, dodging all the Russian traffic into the bargain.

I see from duckduckgo, where I verified yr statement (on wikipeadia so it barely counts) that St. Neots has a bosphorus so I see no reason why we shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom