Euro 2020 - Wembley to host seven games.

Craig

I don't believe this was mentioned elsewhere on here, or the old forum.

I'm surprised we've been awarded so many, including the semi-finals and the final. I'm also a bit surprised that Wales missed out entirely and that Russia have been given the right to host any games considering they're hosing the World Cup next year. I don't personally like the format of the competition, but that may just be me.

Fixture permitting, I'll probably go to an England game. Don't think I could go as a neutral to see two random teams though. How about anyone else? Fancy watching Sweden v Czech Republic at Wembley?

Isn’t it because they expanded it and no one country wants it because of the expense? Then add in that Wembley is the biggest money spinning ground so UEFA love having games there.

Wembley is just another big soulless plastic bowl, the twin towers should have been kept as part of the new design.

Atmosphere at England games is nothing short of embarrassing!

Isn’t it because they expanded it and no one country wants it because of the expense? Then add in that Wembley is the biggest money spinning ground so UEFA love having games there.

I think this format was decided on as a way of celebrating the 60th anniversary of the tournament with more of Europe. There were counties interested in hosting. Can't remember who, though.

Germany and Turkey have made bids to host Euro 2024.

Last edited:
UEFA wanted a neutral ground for the Final.
No risk of England making it that far,so an ideal location.

Should just have given it to Turkey since they are so keen to stage it.
But no, can’t do that since they are not considered European enough these days.

Should just have given it to Turkey since they are so keen to stage it.
But no, can’t do that since they are not considered European enough these days.

I travel there a little bit and they would be great hosts, passionate supporters, yet security wise it's a no

I travel there a little bit and they would be great hosts, passionate supporters, yet security wise it's a no

When Milan and Liverpool played the CL final there, the stadium was still being finished. On the main strip up to the entrance, the pavement was still being fitted. The workers had downed tools quite literally here and left about 25 metres of unfixed, fist-sized paving stones, pickaxes, sledgehammers and a steamroller unattended! With the Milan ultras walking past!

I don't believe this was mentioned elsewhere on here, or the old forum.

I'm surprised we've been awarded so many, including the semi-finals and the final. I'm also a bit surprised that Wales missed out entirely and that Russia have been given the right to host any games considering they're hosing the World Cup next year. I don't personally like the format of the competition, but that may just be me.

Fixture permitting, I'll probably go to an England game. Don't think I could go as a neutral to see two random teams though. How about anyone else? Fancy watching Sweden v Czech Republic at Wembley?

Assuming England qualify, of course.

Back
Top Bottom