Other European Euro 2020 finals draw

The new Euro qualifying method, with the Nations league wrapped in, makes the draw fiendishly complex. As a proper football statto - I love it!

What Sarge's graphic doesn't show is that if Romania qualify, they actually end up playing in Group C (because they're one of the hosts of that group), and the poor Nations League group D minnows (Kosovo/Macedonia/Belarus/Georgia) get flipped to Group F and will get the pleasure of facing Germany, France & Portugal in the group stage!

One final comment - when we were previously discussing the odd structure of the tourney - I said this - However whichever poor sods end up Runners Up in Group A, will have a 'fun' combo of having to play in Rome & Baku in the Groups Stages, followed by Amsterdam, followed by heading back to Baku!

Well, turns out - if all goes well for them - that could be Wales!

The new Euro qualifying method, with the Nations league wrapped in, makes the draw fiendishly complex. As a proper football statto - I love it!

What Sarge's graphic doesn't show is that if Romania qualify, they actually end up playing in Group C (because they're one of the hosts of that group), and the poor Nations League group D minnows (Kosovo/Macedonia/Belarus/Georgia) get flipped to Group F and will get the pleasure of facing Germany, France & Portugal in the group stage!

One final comment - when we were previously discussing the odd structure of the tourney - I said this - However whichever poor sods end up Runners Up in Group A, will have a 'fun' combo of having to play in Rome & Baku in the Groups Stages, followed by Amsterdam, followed by heading back to Baku!

Well, turns out - if all goes well for them - that could be Wales!

I dunno, given the slim chance of surviving any Euro group anyway wouldn't you absolutely love taking on Germany, France and Portugal with anything a bonus?

I dunno, given the slim chance of surviving any Euro group anyway wouldn't you absolutely love taking on Germany, France and Portugal with anything a bonus?

It's not that slim, though.

Top two plus four best losers going through means that one group stage win may be enough (it was for Northern Ireland in 2016 - meanwhile Portugal didn't win a single group game.....three draws....and ended up winning the fricking tournament!)

A team like Kosovo, on a really good day, could beat an opponent like Austria, and maybe get a point against the Ukraine (two of the potential Group C opponents). Do that and then could reach the knockouts, and then they really could go home heroes.

As another aside - although these things obviously never go to form.....if they did, England have a bloody difficult route through the knockouts if they win their group! First up - second place team in Group F i.e. one of Portugal/Germany/France. Then winners of Group E in the quarters (likely Spain).

Clash of the titans

Gibraltar Vs San Marino

Can only catch the 1st half due to Oxfords game.

Oh the football gods, why?!

• Haha
Reactions: m
Clash of the titans

Gibraltar Vs San Marino

Can only catch the 1st half due to Oxfords game.

Oh the football gods, why?!
Is it behind closed doors, or is the expected massive crowd going to be allowed in?

Back
Top Bottom