Erick and the Election

Just listened to it ..... didnt think it was all that bad sounded to me like hes playing his cards close to his treasure chest until the board meeting .... did I hear correctly hes put 3.5 mill into us this year? If correct then is he a total toss pot as some suggest?

Just listened to it ..... didnt think it was all that bad sounded to me like hes playing his cards close to his treasure chest until the board meeting .... did I hear correctly hes put 3.5 mill into us this year? If correct then is he a total toss pot as some suggest?
Curious why you think that, that's big money for a club our size in only 5 months.

I see Backrie was back in town again yesterday too.

Anyone fancy a game of Guess Who?

4850f98a0f5c0f144acf202bbc983d3a.jpg
a89ae62e416074d55b1ff231b6a06f2b.jpg
7923552e8c2886711a4d5c067b32ea1f.jpg

https://www.goal.com/id/berita/peng...ord-united-promosi/1aco2z7f0sqgn1gtv94132xclu

Oxford is targeted to qualify for the Championship Division in the next two years.

Two Indonesian businessmen, Anindya Bakrie and Erick Thohir, revealed their targets for the English club, Oxford United. Anin and Erick are known at this time as the owner of the club together with a Thai businessman , Sumrith "Tiger" Tanakarn.
In his short-term target, Anin said his side wanted to bring Oxford United a promotion to the Championship Division (the second professional caste competition in England). The target was decided at a meeting of club officials, Saturday (27/4).
At present, Oxford is currently competing in League One (third level competition in the UK). The squad coached by Karl Robinson ranked 11th in the standings of 24 League One 2018/19 participants. In fact, they are unbeaten in the last nine matches.

"This shows Oxford United has the potential to be developed, and we are determined to lead Oxford to the Championship Division," Anin said, in the club's official release.
"It is realized that it is not easy to play in the Championship. But most importantly Oxford officials are in the same vision, that this club has the potential to be improved, even to play in the Premier League (the highest caste competition in England) like Leicester City ," he added.

The determination of Oxford's top brass certainly gave a breath of fresh air to Oxford citizens who wanted their club to play in the Championship League caste. Understandably, Anin, Erick and Sumrith are collaborating with Thailand and Indonesia who have been working poorly on football. The Thai businessman is experienced in managing Leicester City, Manchester City and Reading clubs .
While Erick and Anin are experienced in managing Inter Milan, DC United, Brisbane Roar, and CS Vise. Also Persib Bandung and Arema FC.
"By brand, Oxford is already strong. Now all stakeholders must work hard to make Oxford more advanced," explained Anin.

The Magnificent Seven??

Ok so I recognise Tiger & Erick, excuse my ignorance but who are the others, are they all board members and what are their roles and areas of expertise?

The Magnificent Seven??

Ok so I recognise Tiger & Erick, excuse my ignorance but who are the others, are they all board members and what are their roles and areas of expertise?

From left to right:

Tovino Afiar - Appears to be a right-hand man of Erick's
Erick Thohir - extensively involved in entertainment, news and sports television channels plus digital platforms. Has owned several clubs/franchises.
Anindya Bakrie - Indonesian Media and Telecommunications entrepreneur.
Sumrith "Tiger" Thanakarnjanasuth - Nuff said.
Horst Geicke - entrepreneur, investor and patron in East and Southeast Asia, especially in Hong Kong and Vietnam
Pairoj Piempongsant - Former director of Reading FC. Involved in several European clubs.
Zaki Nuseibeh - London-based financier and investor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom