General Eoin Doyle

bazzer9461

God like member
A rumour starting to surface that we maybe in for Eoin Doyle, can’t see it myself

Except he has played for Bradford and Swindon this season so can’t play for any other club.

I very much doubt we will be signing Doyle’s for next August.

It will be Jerry Yates we looked at

Yes, Doyle is too old and cannot play for us anyway as you say this season as already played for 2 clubs a la matty Tayor. Yates seems a much more likely target, age etc

Swindon could be left in the s**t in January if Yates gets picked up by another club (us?) and Doyle gets recalled by Bradford (surely he will?). Here's hoping...

I've read on Facebook a couple of interesting comments on the possible transfer of Doyle. Not sure how true they are but someone has mentioned Doyle hasn't played for Bradford this year and also if l he joins someone permanently he can play for that team. The rule of only able to play for 2 clubs only affects loans.

Anyone know if any of these are true.

I've read on Facebook a couple of interesting comments on the possible transfer of Doyle. Not sure how true they are but someone has mentioned Doyle hasn't played for Bradford this year and also if l he joins someone permanently he can play for that team. The rule of only able to play for 2 clubs only affects loans.

Anyone know if any of these are true.

If we bought Doyle, the meltdown on the Swindon forum would be a sight to behold.

Doyle played in Bradford's first two league games, and in their League Cup game against Preston. He's not eligible to play for any team other than Bradford or Swindon this season.

From FIFA's laws: Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

Last edited:
Doyle played in Bradford's first two league games, and in their League Cup game against Preston. He's not eligible to play for any team other than Bradford or Swindon this season.

From FIFA's laws: Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

We'll just have to hope Bradford do the decent things and use him themselves.

Cheers for clearing that up. I'm guessing it's Jerry Yates robbo was looking at then.

Back
Top Bottom