Matches Entry to Matches (Covid).

Anyway.................. society is slowly getting back to a new "normal". Folk generally seem to be using that rare beast common sense.
Just back from a week in the South West visiting the in-laws and there was common sense everywhere.

As far as football goes just do the same and if anyone wants to be an objectionable knob then just clatter them. :)

Building a new stand soon as well. All financed and planning accepted.
They have a very good deals with the Oxford food company and Chadlington brewery. Just shows what can be done when you own your stadium.
The amount of stress I've seen little bruv go through over the last few years trying at first to save the club, and then to make it thrive, I don't begrudge them any success in the future.

Can still see him having an argument with Wilder few years back when he was manager and they beat us in a friendly 😂

The amount of stress I've seen little bruv go through over the last few years trying at first to save the club, and then to make it thrive, I don't begrudge them any success in the future.

Can still see him having an argument with Wilder few years back when he was manager and they beat us in a friendly 😂
It says so much about the club that Brian, who has been a fan for as long as I've known him, and longer, at the age of 80 still turns up to take care of repairs etc. Mind you, looking at him now, you would be hard pressed to guess his age!

There is no f*****g virus it's all B*****s. If you wear the nappy on your face and taken the jabs, you have then given away your freedoms, sorry but that's how I feel, I have an opinion, this is a forum. COYY'S
I can think of one prominent fellow yellow who died from this disease which has caused a pandemic worldwide. You have just insulted his memory. I have an opinion, this is how I feel.

There is no f*****g virus it's all B*****s. If you wear the nappy on your face and taken the jabs, you have then given away your freedoms, sorry but that's how I feel, I have an opinion, this is a forum. COYY'S

You are perfectly entitled to hold that view, but, just remember the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost mothers, fathers, siblings, friends who mean the world to them next time you call it a nappy, eh? Bit of compassion?

No need to lecture us on the social workings of a forum when people like you can't comprehend the social responsibility of wearing a mask and having a vaccine in the middle of a global pandemic, or even, having the basic moral sensitivity and empathy to not insult thousands.

1,786 Birmingham fans at The Cobblers, yesterday.

E7EyQzDWUAIaLuh

You are perfectly entitled to hold that view, but, just remember the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost mothers, fathers, siblings, friends who mean the world to them next time you call it a nappy, eh? Bit of compassion?

No need to lecture us on the social workings of a forum when people like you can't comprehend the social responsibility of wearing a mask and having a vaccine in the middle of a global pandemic, or even, having the basic moral sensitivity and empathy to not insult thousands.
No he/she's not. You can't deny reality in the face of all available evidence and demand that people 'respect' your view. It's nonsense. I get where you're coming from, but making even the tiniest concession to these lunatics' baseless 'opinions' has massively damaging consequences on all of us. He/she is not 'entitled' to hold a view that is demonstrably and unequivocally wrong.

(Sorry this sounds like a dig at you, Yellow There, it's not meant to be at all - that wording just triggers my frustrations at the increasingly ubiquitous, 'everyone's opinion is worthwhile' sentiment - 'we've had enough of experts' etc.)

No he/she's not. You can't deny reality in the face of all available evidence and demand that people 'respect' your view. It's nonsense. I get where you're coming from, but making even the tiniest concession to these lunatics' baseless 'opinions' has massively damaging consequences on all of us. He/she is not 'entitled' to hold a view that is demonstrably and unequivocally wrong.

(Sorry this sounds like a dig at you, Yellow There, it's not meant to be at all - that wording just triggers my frustrations at the increasingly ubiquitous, 'everyone's opinion is worthwhile' sentiment - 'we've had enough of experts' etc.)
Exactly, 'people are entitled to their opinions' is more meant for questions like 'does pineapple belong on pizza' not statements like 'there is no virus'.

We live in a free country which means people are allowed to express their opinions, but it doesn't make them A) correct, B) as equally valid as expert opinions or C) anything worth listening to.

Point taken @ttg17 and @battman . I used that opening mainly to show that their patronising explanation of freedom of speech (something I am a great believer in) was unnecessary, as we all understand perfectly well how a forum works and that everyone has a right to give their opinion.

As you say, whether that opinion is valid - which in this case it clearly isn't - is a different question. Ironically, this being a forum, about which our friend seems to know so much, we all have the same right to tear apart his ill-educated ignorant statement, which in the name of debate, many have rightly done.

Point taken @ttg17 and @battman . I used that opening mainly to show that their patronising explanation of freedom of speech (something I am a great believer in) was unnecessary, as we all understand perfectly well how a forum works and that everyone has a right to give their opinion.

As you say, whether that opinion is valid - which in this case it clearly isn't - is a different question. Ironically, this being a forum, about which our friend seems to know so much, we all have the same right to tear apart his ill-educated ignorant statement, which in the name of debate, many have rightly done.
People are entitled to have an opinion and to express it in public, within the strictures of the law, but they can’t demand that that opinion is respected or taken seriously. Equally, we’re entitled to dismiss their childish opinions as rubbish and call them out as idiots.

I had side effects from my first but none from my second. I think having to be double jabbed is a good idea. Feel for those who suffer from severe side effects but having to be double jabbed keeps the tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theory nutters away.

It's taken them a hell of a lot of work to turn that club around, they have worked wonders since almost going to the wall a few years back.

There was me thinking that they only charged £14 for the game last week as they had lost so much due to lockdown etc. Well that’s what egg said. Surely he couldn’t have been wrong again could he??

Back
Top Bottom