England win penalty shootout!

Oldham

Okay it was Soccer Aid but hey ho. It included possibly the worst penalty ever taken, Paddy McGuinness take a bow ?

I think Lee Mack wins the worse penalty award as it trickled very far wide.

I quite enjoyed the Soccer Aid match. A lot of fun and I thought some of the celebs (some of whom I'd never heard of - getting old!) were half way decent and all of them really gave their all for a good cause.

But yeah, Lee Mack and Paddy McGuinness penalty both need to practice their penalty taking! :)

I wonder if a lower league club would sign U Bolt for a season. Think of the global social media interest. He didnt look that bad.

I wonder if a lower league club would sign U Bolt for a season. Think of the global social media interest. He didnt look that bad.

He just needs a team where the owner is looking to market the club within the context of a city with a global brand.

I quite enjoyed the Soccer Aid match. A lot of fun and I thought some of the celebs (some of whom I'd never heard of - getting old!) were half way decent and all of them really gave their all for a good cause.

But yeah, Lee Mack and Paddy McGuinness penalty both need to practice their penalty taking! :)
Soccer aid had some of my attention....but when one of the commentators started banging on about Cantona coming on for a cameo , it was laughable that the assumption was majority of the spectators (at a fund raising game) were manure supporters because it was being played at old trafford. Idiotically wrong presumption of an epic size imo!

Soccer aid had some of my attention....but when one of the commentators started banging on about Cantona coming on for a cameo , it was laughable that the assumption was majority of the spectators (at a fund raising game) were manure supporters because it was being played at old trafford. Idiotically wrong presumption of an epic size imo!

Quite a hike for a charity game from London, Brighton etc to see Cantona.

Except that there was audible booing when Yaya Toure was on the ball. The only reason I could think of for that was his Man City connection when the match was (as you say) at Old Trafford. Which in a charity match is totally unacceptable and confirmed my views on the mentality and intelligence of a sizable minority of Manchester United supporters.

Except that there was audible booing when Yaya Toure was on the ball. The only reason I could think of for that was his Man City connection when the match was (as you say) at Old Trafford. Which in a charity match is totally unacceptable and confirmed my views on the mentality and intelligence of a sizable minority of Manchester United supporters.
Fair comment, though as a charity match assume there were football supporters from in the main,all Over the north west, and yep i agree at a charity game booing any player is a bit off....I didnt take a lot of interest in the whole game, although it was on tv (me dad was watching it). . Freddie flintoff seemed to have it mind to win his (cameo )battle with usain bolt in the last 15 min (which was about all i took any notice of)

Fair comment, though as a charity match assume there were football supporters from in the main,all Over the north west, and yep i agree at a charity game booing any player is a bit off....I didnt take a lot of interest in the whole game, although it was on tv (me dad was watching it). . Freddie flintoff seemed to have it mind to win his (cameo )battle with usain bolt in the last 15 min (which was about all i took any notice of)

The attempted tackle using his head and shoulder by Flintoff was superb.

Back
Top Bottom